Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 29 Jul 2014, 11:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
How do i format a cd and save files to cd
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
chrisperry

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov 2005, 16:22    Post subject:  How do i format a cd and save files to cd  

i just want to save regular data file to cd not make an isoimage or anything like that.
former m$ xp user, i could format a cd, and send files to cd just by clicking send to(cd)
i have searched the forumand wiki, am i just overlooking or missing the correct command or program
i have lots of mp3z and pics i would like to transfer to cd for back up
please help
chris
Ian
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov 2005, 19:15    Post subject:  

You don't need to format a CD just use your burning software to copy files to a CD and ensure that you do not close the session otherwise you will not be able to add more data.

Go to Start/Multimedia/Gcombust CD writer and click on the Burn button at the top. Ensure that the Data Files button is depressed and select multi session, unselect the Dummy test run and select your file/s in the data section.

You will have to set your burner up first using the burner wizard in Start/Setup and then in the Burn section of Gcombust click on 'Check SCSI settings' then 'Detect SCSI drive' when you are ready to burn click on the 'Combust!' button at the bottom.

I am not sure if these instructions are correct as I have not used Gcombust for a while but if you do a search of the forum and the Wiki you will probably find the correct procedures this is just to give you an idea of what you have to do. If you hover your mouse pointer over the various sections you will see a popup window containg information about that particular option.

Before you try to burn leave the Dummy test run selected and read the output.

The multisesssion CD might suit you better as it saves your data back to the CD or better still if you have a DVD burner a multisession DVD which will allow you to save Gigs of data.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: