XFE File manager 1.9.2 puppy 4.0+ foxlibs

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Sylvander

Re: XFE is old fashioned

#61 Post by Sylvander »

Pelo wrote:XFE is old fashioned,
What's old fashioned about it? :?

simargl

Re: XFE is old fashioned

#62 Post by simargl »

Last edited by simargl on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

gherico

building from source

#63 Post by gherico »

Im trying to compile xfe-1.34 but unseccessful. Compiling libFOX-1.6.49 with ./configure --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --with-opengl=no --enable-static=yes --enable-shared=no --enable-release and make gave me libFOX-1.6.a and libFOX-1.6.l in /usr/local/lib. Running xfe's ./configure i got an error "libFOX-1.6 not found". Do i have to include --prefix=/usr in ./configure of xfe, or in libFOX or both? Im really new to this and though im already using technosaurus' xfe static build, i want to make this work for learning. thanks.
[color=red]will the revolution ever win?[/color]if you wont participate, perhaps you'll never know. do you want to stay a loser?

technosaurus

#64 Post by technosaurus »

When you run "make install" after building libfox, the *.a file should be copied into /usr/lib/ and a bunch of .h file into /usr/include. If not, check that you passed --prefix=/usr to ./configure.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Pelo

Xfe forgotten in the newest Puppy Versions

#65 Post by Pelo »

kenbanistu wrote:Thanks for this. Much better than Rox.
I noticed that some of the file associations were pointing to programs I don't have, like Firefox for opening html files. I change them as I find them..
Rox is the better File Manager ever created, in my opinion. However i recognize that two panels FM is useful. Roland Baudin will no longer create new versions, won't he.
You need to use an applications several days to get an idea. I am pleased, i will feed back.
I am running and old laptop with Puppy 420. Some functions are not working as opening a spreadsheet with gnumeric. Im searching why. XFE has not done better than Rox
Attachments
RolandBaudin.jpg
(83.38 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Robert123

#66 Post by Robert123 »

Try right clicking on the file and choose open with and choose your application to open it.

Pelo

It opens Gnumeric, but not the file

#67 Post by Pelo »

That is what i did. It opens Gnumeric, but not the file. it should be because the file was done in a much newer version of Gnumeric than the gnumeric version of Puppy 420.

Sylvander

#68 Post by Sylvander »