Opera 11.11 pet +portable +WebM +locales +flash-adblock

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Michalis

#16 Post by Michalis »

puplix you don't need to download flash, since opera will use the one which comes with puppy which for now is the latest 10.0.32.18. When new version for flash will be out I'll update the pet and post it in a working online storage place.

Michalis

update to version 10.01

#17 Post by Michalis »

Opera updated to version 10.01

abushcrafter

#18 Post by abushcrafter »

Thanks

btw I am posting from it :D

Michalis

#19 Post by Michalis »

Thank you abushcrafter for the feedback, hope you're enjoying it :D

Eyes-Only

#20 Post by Eyes-Only »

Last edited by Eyes-Only on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Michalis

#21 Post by Michalis »

Allô Eyes-Only et merci beaucoup :D

I also hope to see opera's code open someday. They were discussing it but haven't heard any news about. If we overlook this by my opinion is the fastest browser yet rich in features around.

About flash is my worst nightmare while browsing I can't stand at all this useless bloat all around the net this days. Flashblock is always the first I install after the browser. I just hope someday to have a good non bloat open source alternative, till now the alternative isn't so useful.

About the pets I make, are also the ones I like to use most and if by just giving them also to our community is a very nice side-effect.

Thank you again for your kind words :)

sheldonisaac

#22 Post by sheldonisaac »

Opera updated to version 10.01
Michalis, thanks a lot.

Can you or someone help me to make this Opera usable from the Internet group of the main Puppy menu?

At present, I have to use the Rox filer to navigate to the opera script in the directory where I extracted the
Opera-10.01-portable-customized.tar.gz

Thank you again,

Sheldon Isaac

Michalis

#23 Post by Michalis »

Done Sheldon Isaac, check the first post.

The only thing you have to do before you install the pet is to symlink the opera executable to /usr/bin/ in every puppy, or other distro you are using it.

Michalis

update to version 10.10

#24 Post by Michalis »

Opera updated to version 10.10

JMX

Working okay

#25 Post by JMX »

The portable version is great, even when it is on a FAT32 partition.

I must click directly on the portable "opera" file to make it run, and I have to use the middle mouse button if Rox is set to a different function for the left-click button.

I cannot get symlinks to work as expected in Puppy 4.3.1, even when running from an ext2 partition, but ttuuxxx's updated 431 Puppies version handles absolute-path symlinks just fine. I must designate absolute paths to avoid conflicting with another Opera already installed.

It works without surprises in NOP and Boxpup.

Portable Opera1010 even works with the updated Puppy 214x when I add "/lib/firefox/plugins" to Opera's pluginpath.ini file for full flashplayer support.

Nice...

aarf

#26 Post by aarf »

this portable opera is what is deinitely needed. thank you.
can confirm that "Opera version 10.10 portable and customized 33Mb extracted" will run from sdcard and externally as in "not in the pupsave", in multiple puppies but haven't succeeded in running it from a desktop link, or from the menu even after trying both relative and absolute symlnks to /usr/bin/ and installing Opera-portable-menu.pet, this testing is for upup425.
also can't configure it to open .mht files when clicked on, drag and drop into opera works for .mht files though.

werwinn

Thank you RE: Opera portable

#27 Post by werwinn »

It works well on my 1000ha from Pupeee on a removable usb stick, however as with the two recent posts I must open ROX filer and click on the executable.

I wonder if the symlinks are sticking - Does anyone know how to troubleshoot.

To all thanks again, and a happy New Year!

werwinn

Michalis

#28 Post by Michalis »

First of all Happy New Year.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll check the problem with the symlinks later today and will report back. It's a bit strange though that doesn't work since Opera-portable-menu.pet has only a menu entry file pointing to /usr/bin/Opera and I'm wondering whether there is maybe a problem with refresh menus.

Anyway tonight I'll check it again on puppy 432. Werwinn unfortunately I don't have eeepc to check Pupeee except if it can also work in a normal pc, does it? Aarf can you also point me where can I download upup425 because I find many different upups in the forum (a bit confusing) yet not 425. You can both pm me for the answers.

I'll also fix the mht files problem. It's normal for the time not working with opera portable since I haven't configure it to change the default player handling them.

aarf

#29 Post by aarf »

you may also be interested in opera portable in dpup484 problems with flashplayer at
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 656#377656

aarf

#31 Post by aarf »

clicking the symlink in /usr/bin/opera doesnt open opera either.

just to be sure which opera must be symlinked

/mnt/home/opera10.10/Opera-10.10-portable-customized/opera

or

/mnt/home/opera10.10/Opera-10.10-portable-customized/usr/lib/opera/opera

i believe i have tried both.

Michalis

#32 Post by Michalis »

Ok back home time to start the job. :)

First of all the one that has to be symlinked is:
/.../Opera-10.10-portable-customized/opera

I'm using opera now (Opera-10.10-portable-customized) in dpup running live from the cd. Because on opera the default place to look for firefox plugins is: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, I had to add also the path used in dpup: /lib/firefox/plugins in order for the plugins to work. Afterwards I run omelette.swf (/usr/share/examples/vector-images/omelette.swf) and didn't had any crash, I also opened the default adobe flash page as also couple youtube videos and didn't had any problem. Add the /lib/firefox/plugins path and remove the other and check whether it's working ok. Next opera releases will have also /lib/firefox/plugins path (even that it would be better all the mozilla based browsers had a common plugin path in every puplet-woof version).

For the following console errors don't bother is normal:
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

The next line is also normal, is a small hack I put in, in order to work in the normal puppy:
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/libaudio.so.2': File exists

Ok I found where the problem with the menu is. The problem has nothing to do with the Opera-portable-menu.pet. Unfortunately the problem is with the symlinked wrapper and the libraries paths and is the same that affects every puplet-wooflet. For the time being I'm trying to hack the code but I'm not succeeding :oops: Anyhow it will take some time since I have to do some homework in bash programming and especially some functions. I don't guarantee that I'll manage to solve it :oops:

abushcrafter

#33 Post by abushcrafter »

Michalis wrote: For the following console errors don't bother is normal:
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
In prefs set the path to java.

aarf

#34 Post by aarf »

Ok now no crashing after adding new path, unticking the old path, then rescanning the plugins.
After the omelette test went back and reticked the mozilla path so i can use opera in other puppies. Did the omelette test again. Still no crash so opera looks fixed. The symlink issue may be something that needs looking into in dpup or in puppy itself.

Dingo

#35 Post by Dingo »

Opera 10.10 static packages mirrored on dokupuppy (no wait time for download) coming soon I'll add other mirrors

http://puppylover.netsons.org/dokupuppy ... ms:browser
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux