Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 18 Jan 2020, 15:52
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Opera 11.11 pet +portable +WebM +locales +flash-adblock
Page 14 of 17 [245 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
technosaurus

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 00:52    Post subject:  

the wrapper script for opera looks for java in many places, maybe your java install is in an unexpected location... try matching those up if you can (add the location to the script or use the opera command line switch to specify the java location)
Henry

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 01:09    Post subject: Please remove, sent in error  

--
Last edited by Henry on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Michalis

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 10:07    Post subject:  

Type the next or copy-paste it in the opera adress bar:
opera:config#UserPrefs|PluginPath

And add the java path, usually on puppy is located at:
/opt/jre******/lib/i386/

Of course you have to know were java is installed. I've added the path in the customized version but it lokates only the 6.21, so for every java version update must correct it.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 12:43    Post subject:  

Michalis wrote:
Type the next or copy-paste it in the opera adress bar:
opera:config#UserPrefs|PluginPath

And add the java path, usually on puppy is located at:
/opt/jre******/lib/i386/

Of course you have to know were java is installed. I've added the path in the customized version but it lokates only the 6.21, so for every java version update must correct it.

Thanks very much, Michalis,

I'm still wrestling with it. Based on your example I should be changing to something like /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_18/plugin/i386/ but I cannot seem to get it in. Some kind of editing bug? Looks like I will have to do without java for a while . . .
xman

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 13:18    Post subject:  

I have relative link from /usr/java/jre1.6.0_22/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and Java webpage is detecting Java in Opera 10.63, if plugins are enabled.

New Java 6u22 by Nikukyu: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=45244&start=30.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 15:16    Post subject: Opera 10.63 java now works for me (SOLVED)
Subject description: THANK YOU, XMAN, Also see EDIT

xman wrote:
I have relative link from /usr/java/jre1.6.0_22/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and Java webpage is detecting Java in Opera 10.63, if plugins are enabled.

New Java 6u22 by Nikukyu: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=45244&start=30.

Thanks. The symlink fixed it.

I used this:

ln -s /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_18/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

EDIT: Another solution has since been pointed out to me as on:

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/JavaRuntimeEnvironment

that
]jre-1.6.0.22.pet has these advantages:
* updated version
*installs in /mnthome
*automatically applies symlinks

This works too.
Michalis

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec 2010, 13:47    Post subject: Opera updated to version 11.00  

Opera updated to version 11.00

Opera 11.00 for UNIX changelog
Henry

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec 2010, 14:48    Post subject: Opera 11 final
Subject description: Linux version?

Quite anxious to download the Linux version. I looked far and wide but could only find the windows download.

Where is it? Thanks.
Michalis

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec 2010, 15:39    Post subject: Re: Opera 11 final
Subject description: Linux version?

Henry wrote:
Quite anxious to download the Linux version. I looked far and wide but could only find the windows download.

Where is it? Thanks.

Look in the first post
Jades

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec 2010, 21:41    Post subject: Opera 11 install problem  

Hi. I've tried to install this version of Opera 11 and so far have failed to get a working installation. The pet says it installs OK, but no menu entries are created and when I set it as Default Browser nothing happens. In addition, when I try to launch it via the Console, it gives the following message:-

bash: opera: command not found

Puppy versions it's failed to work on are: Luci-246 (LiveCD), Lupu-511 (LiveCD) and Lupu-515 (LiveCD) and the machines are listed in my signature below.

Could it be that the pet file is corrupt or missing some files?

Henry

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec 2010, 22:25    Post subject:  

Jades wrote:
Quote:
Hi. I've tried to install this version of Opera 11 and so far have failed to get a working installation. The pet says it installs OK, but no menu entries are created and when I set it as Default Browser nothing happens. In addition, when I try to launch it via the Console, it gives the following message:-

Puppy versions it's failed to work on are: Luci-246 (LiveCD), Lupu-511 (LiveCD) and Lupu-515 (LiveCD) and the machines are listed in my signature below.

I've been installing Opera to /mnt/home/opera/program/opera for the past several versions, which desirably keeps it out of the pupsave file. This last version seems a little different in that in that it wants to go to /mnt/home/opera/opera, which is fine but the default browser definition, the .desktop file, and any desktop or panel shortcuts have to agree with this. It was easy to make the adjustments in my QirkyNop 1.2.

You used the pet and I used the the "portable," but it probably amounts to the same situation. I too got "command not found" until I made the change.
ruario

PostPosted: Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:33    Post subject: Opera installation and repackaging  

I suspect some of you may find one or both of the following useful:

Selecting a Linux or FreeBSD package and installing it

Repackaging Opera for Linux (or FreeBSD and variants)

P.S. Thanks to all of you for using Opera! Very Happy
TheAsterisk!

PostPosted: Mon 20 Dec 2010, 15:46    Post subject: Re: Opera 11 install problem  

Jades wrote:

It seemed that way to me (one or two missing files) when I took apart the dot-pet, but I at least got a menu entry, just one that didn't work. I tried tweaking it and it seems to work nicely now.
I went ahead and uploaded it:
EDIT: Michalis seems to have fixed the package in the first post, so I'm removing mine now that it's redundant.

Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 01:19; edited 1 time in total
Michalis

PostPosted: Mon 20 Dec 2010, 16:15    Post subject: Opera pet reuploaded  

In the previous pet I neglect to include the bin folder that's why it wasn't working.

Anyway I've updated the Opera.pet in the first post. This mistake doesn't have any effect to the rest packages.
Jades

PostPosted: Mon 20 Dec 2010, 18:18    Post subject: Re: Opera pet reuploaded  

Michalis wrote:
In the previous pet I neglect to include the bin folder that's why it wasn't working.

Anyway I've updated the Opera.pet in the first post. This mistake doesn't have any effect to the rest packages.

Thanks, I've successfully installed it on both machines and it seems to be working properly.

Page 14 of 17 [245 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: