Any browser work with uship.com

Using applications, configuring, problems
bbohman

Any browser work with uship.com

#1 Post by bbohman »

Does anyone know a browser that will work with uship.com. When trying to find a shipment in the multi state tab on the map of the U.S. the map will not highlight the states you want to choose from. I have tried seamonkey and firefox. Is there anything I can do to either of these browsers to get it to work? Or a different browser?

Thanks

Libretto100ct

#2 Post by Libretto100ct »

You most likely need to install Java and/or flash to use that online service.

DMcCunney

#3 Post by DMcCunney »

Libretto100ct wrote:You most likely need to install Java and/or flash to use that online service.
It doesn't appear to use Java or Flash. (Very few sites require Java.)

It may be necessary to mung the user agent identification the browser sends to the server, to tell it you are running IE. There is still a lot of brain dead website code out there that assumes various things don't work unless you have IE, even though FF and SM support them. Tell the site you are running IE, and Poof!, things work.

There are several extensions for FF and SM designed to let you do that.
______
Dennis

bbohman

Still not working

#4 Post by bbohman »

I tried the user agent switcher, but still nothing. Tried in both SM and FF. Any other ideas?

techtype

Re: Any browser work with uship.com

#5 Post by techtype »

bbohman wrote:Does anyone know a browser that will work with uship.com. When trying to find a shipment in the multi state tab on the map of the U.S. the map will not highlight the states you want to choose from. I have tried seamonkey and firefox. Is there anything I can do to either of these browsers to get it to work? Or a different browser?

Thanks
Works in Firefox 3 in Newyears Pup by MU.

Would probably work in Firepup too, but I have not checked yet.

Edit: Firepup does not work. Those maps are flash based so having the right version of flash seems to be the key.