How to connect to MYSQL with Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
evil

How to connect to MYSQL with Puppy?

#1 Post by evil »

Hi all,

I am relatively new to puppy and have recently been trying to connect to my mysql databae on another PC.

The code works under RedHat and Slackware (as tested) but not under puppy. I thought that puppy was therefore not able to connect to mysql databases.

My alternative is to use quisp instead of mysql but i'd prefer mysql if possible.

The code is executing and then fails when trying to call a library file (libmysqlclient.so.....) and brings up the error: 'SEGMENTATION FAULT'.
The exe is in root/my-applications/bin and the 4 required lib files are in root/my-applications/lib.

Is this compatability issues between puppy and mysql.

Any clues???

Thanks all[/b]

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

You may have to place the exe in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin and the libs in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

Have a look and see where they are installed in RedHat & Slackware and do the same with Puppy.

Check to make sure ou have all the required files & libs.

If you go to RedHat and type ldd /the name of your exe, at a command line it should show you the libs required and where the loader finds them.

evil

#3 Post by evil »

Yes I have tried the ldd... and all the necessary libraries are there.

I cannot put the libraries and exe in the locations you suggested because I am booting puppy from a compact flash and its mounted as read-only even with full priveleges under root.

The libmysqlclient libraries are precompiled files and therefore I can't get the c code from here to debug and see exactly where it is failling.
However I think the problem is one of 2:
1). The library files are not seen/accessed for some reason
2). Puppy cannot handle mysql. Has anyone else tried??

Thanks