dell mini 9 part 2

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
keildar2009

dell mini 9 part 2

#1 Post by keildar2009 »

in another post I detailed my endevors to install a broadcom driver for my dell mini wireless. RC4 came out I thought I would try it.
I went to the manager clicked on the button and installed it from my thumbdrive where it had previously been downloaded. heres my old post if you want my specs for the comp. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=39747
anyway the pet manager hangs. here is a screen shot. I let it do its thing for about 120 sec before I shut down the comp.

[img]dellminiscreencapture.png[/img]

ok the above was the lame atempt to upload a screen shot for my first time. i'll just attach it.

pa_mcclamrock

#2 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

You might want to try one more time. I found that, on RC4, it took a very long time for the first installation with PETget to finish up, but after that it speeded up.
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

keildar2009

#3 Post by keildar2009 »

All righty then puppy will let it all hang out for the night
will get back to you tommorow

keildar2009

success-er sorta

#4 Post by keildar2009 »

Well it was lookin pretty bad. I went all night and was still hanging.

So I tried to unmount my flash drive and it gave me an error, cannot unmount drive is being used by puppy /Int*blah/mnt/save is in use, (note path has been changed to protect my secret problem poor short term memory)
then a miracle occurred the hang disapeared. The error must of knocked the right electron lose and my driver was loaded and it could see my wifi card.
I still think there is a bug lurking somewhere.
I post back to this forum in to night I am going to try to load some more pets and see what happens.

so now I am going to try to connect to the internet now that it sees my card just clicking on the browser didn't work. looks like I am going to head over to the networking forum.
PS I will post tonight no matter what about an experiment in loading another pet.

keildar2009

#5 Post by keildar2009 »

I tried to install another pet that I downloaded. Specificly a theme. After an hour it still hangs. And trying to unmount my flash drive didn't knock it lose.

keildar2009

#6 Post by keildar2009 »

the package manager says that the theme is installed but it not on my menu upon reboot

WB7ODYFred

Petget updated version

#7 Post by WB7ODYFred »

Here is my updated version of PetGet select RC3A

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 02&t=38061
Attachments
petget_and_fixmenus.tar.gz
This is zigberts code, use his fixmenus script (install it in the proper place) and Petget rc3a code below.
(21.43 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
petget-4.2.rc3a.pet
Will need to use updated fixmenus from Zigberts code. Previous attached file
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 412 times