PET MAKER - 2.3 - Oct 2014

Miscellaneous tools
tlchost

#91 Post by tlchost »

trio wrote: The main thing thatyou are missing last time is the "dir to be pet/sfs" .. now that you understand it, you'll be ok.

Cheers, glad to help
Once you explained it, everything made sense - Tremendous difference using the sfs versus loading it into the /opt directory.

Thanks

01micko

#92 Post by 01micko »

Hello Bro

I used petmaker for awhile now and found it very useful.

ATM I am running dpup-481a from gposil (full install). I installed 1.7-3 (std). I wanted to install the devx_481.sfs. It did so successfully . :) However, petmaker said there was a menu entry and restarted the WM. I couldn't find such an entry and I believe there isn't one. No biggy, just to let you know.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#93 Post by trio »

01micko wrote:Hello Bro

I used petmaker for awhile now and found it very useful.

ATM I am running dpup-481a from gposil (full install). I installed 1.7-3 (std). I wanted to install the devx_481.sfs. It did so successfully . :) However, petmaker said there was a menu entry and restarted the WM. I couldn't find such an entry and I believe there isn't one. No biggy, just to let you know.

Cheers
Yes, bro hre are menu entries in devx...for glade interface designers
Thanks for reporting, but it is actually correct

Cheers

01micko

#94 Post by 01micko »

Hmmm, it's not there, better check if glade is actually there, may be a bug in the sfs.

Glade is definitely there and works.

Might be a dpup thing. No worries :)

Cheers

tlchost

Petmaker to create PetMaker.sfs

#95 Post by tlchost »

I used petmaker to create a petmaker.sfs It seems to work....is there some reason one should not do this?

Thanks
Thom

trio

Re: Petmaker to create PetMaker.sfs

#96 Post by trio »

tlchost wrote:I used petmaker to create a petmaker.sfs It seems to work....is there some reason one should not do this?

Thanks
Thom
It should work, no difference in .pet or .sfs, but why you want such a small app in a .sfs form?

tlchost

Re: Petmaker to create PetMaker.sfs

#97 Post by tlchost »

trio wrote:
tlchost wrote:I used petmaker to create a petmaker.sfs It seems to work....is there some reason one should not do this?

Thanks
Thom
It should work, no difference in .pet or .sfs, but why you want such a small app in a .sfs form?
I don't use it that often....and with ChoicePup, it's very easy to load up sfs files for a "one time use".

Thom

DaveS

#98 Post by DaveS »

Trio.......... there is an error in the .desktop command line. At the end there is a surplus ampersand (&) Jwm kind of ignores it anyway but jwm -p shows it up as an error in the menu.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

trio

#99 Post by trio »

DaveS,

Yes you're right

@All

So sorry, I really don't have time right now, got a new job with lots of work. I can't maintain all my apps, maybe later when things are normal again (have a spare puppy time)

Thanks

vellowax

#100 Post by vellowax »

Bro Trio,
its been a long time not seeing you in this forum again...
Last edited by vellowax on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

paule

#101 Post by paule »

I have used Pet Maker Plus successfully with a puppy 4.21 installation on one of my machines, but I cannot get it to work on my 4.31 (MacPup Foxy 3) machine. When I click on an SFS to install it, the installation does not take place. The package title can be found in petget, but the program is not installed. Petget can remove the item from the installed package list ok. I have tried both versions of 1.73 the one designated 430 acts as I describe above, when I use the other version, it starts the installation dialogue, but after a second, it beeps and aborts the installation process. I would really like to be able to use this to install Oxygen office3.sfs so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh I have tried Petmaker plus on different .sfs files, and all have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul

enhu

#102 Post by enhu »

anyone have tried creating a kino pet?
Last edited by enhu on Sun 31 Jan 2010, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

trio

#103 Post by trio »

paule wrote:I have used Pet Maker Plus successfully with a puppy 4.21 installation on one of my machines, but I cannot get it to work on my 4.31 (MacPup Foxy 3) machine. When I click on an SFS to install it, the installation does not take place. The package title can be found in petget, but the program is not installed. Petget can remove the item from the installed package list ok. I have tried both versions of 1.73 the one designated 430 acts as I describe above, when I use the other version, it starts the installation dialogue, but after a second, it beeps and aborts the installation process. I would really like to be able to use this to install Oxygen office3.sfs so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh I have tried Petmaker plus on different .sfs files, and all have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul
431 needs sfs version 4 , are you sure your sfs are version 4? If not, go to menu-->utility-->sfsconverter

AF Branden

#104 Post by AF Branden »

Thanks alot! This is truly an amazing piece of software. They should put this in the puppy package manager.
[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/nwymax.png[/img]

scsijon

#105 Post by scsijon »

trio, any chance of an updated version?

please with honey on crumpets

thanks
scsijon

bones01

#106 Post by bones01 »

Just used this to convert Gimp beta .pet to .sfs and it worked great.

cheers.

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

Jim1911

#107 Post by Jim1911 »

Trio's utility is great, however, it needs update. I used it to try to install an sfs on a full install of luci-235. Started the operation and left for a few hours. When I returned, not only had the sfs not installed, but it wiped two partitions clean. That bad experience hasn't stopped me from using Petmaker Plus to prepare pets and sfs though. It'd be great if someone updated it's sfs install feature.

Don't use the sfs install feature on the newer distributions.

Jim

dougeeebear

#108 Post by dougeeebear »

Jim1911 wrote:Trio's utility is great, however, it needs update. I used it to try to install an sfs on a full install of luci-235. Started the operation and left for a few hours. When I returned, not only had the sfs not installed, but it wiped two partitions clean. That bad experience hasn't stopped me from using Petmaker Plus to prepare pets and sfs though. It'd be great if someone updated it's sfs install feature.

Don't use the sfs install feature on the newer distributions.

Jim
The same exact thing happened to me.
It wiped all the partitions on the SSD plus it wiped the SD card.
It was pre-loaded in Puppeee.
Jemimah has now removed it.

scsijon

#109 Post by scsijon »

If you want to install sfs's, don't use this, use his sfs-Installer instead, it's a stand alone app and it does work. (t=44765), at least with my 5.11.

01micko

#110 Post by 01micko »

Note to lucid puppy 5.2 users:

5.2 has the ability to install sfs files out of the box via Quickpet. Read here

It will download an sfs by copy and paste if the sfs link is a direct link to the file or you can install a local sfs from anywhere on your system by drag and drop.

Cheers