Epson Stylus Photo R260

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
chaucer

Epson Stylus Photo R260

#1 Post by chaucer »

Before I dive into this headfirst, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience or tips.

I'd like to set up a print and file server for a home network. We'll have Linux (various), XP, Vista 32, and Vista 64. The Puppy box -- or Puppy doghouse? -- will be connected to my wireless router via Ethernet. I am using Puppy 4.2, but not currently on the server. I have recently installed a CISS on my Epson Stylus Photo R260 and would like it to be readily available for anyone in my house.

I searched the forums and didn't find any R260 info, so I apologize if I did miss it. Also, I checked on OpenPrinting database, which told me that Gutenberg would be ideal.

First, if you have this printer connected, how does it work? I sometimes do high-quality printing and would like to make sure it supports all resolutions and all six ink tanks. I've heard that sometimes the drivers don't support all the colors.

Second, I'm guessing the disc printing won't work. I've not found any drivers that support this, but I very rarely use that anyway.

Third, I hope it's bidirectional. This printer is (annoyingly?) talkative to the computer.

I know this is a long post. Sorry. If you help, I owe you a drink of your choice.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Have you tried your printer with puppy? I just had a look, at the CUPS Printer Wizard, and it lists your printer.