Run ethernet Wiz. > Auto_DHCP at boot? (SOLVED)

Using applications, configuring, problems
sunburnt

Run ethernet Wiz. > Auto_DHCP at boot? (SOLVED)

#1 Post by sunburnt »

I beleave I found the ethernet Wizard at: /etc/sbin/net-setup.sh, I need to run Auto_DHCP at the start of the rc.sysinit script to bring the network up so pup001 & usr_cram.fs. can be samba mounted, before all the errors from not finding them locally are hit.
It looks like the function: dhcpsetup() does the work, but I don't know how to call it properly to make it work.
Last edited by sunburnt on Tue 29 Nov 2005, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

The dhcpcd is inside usr_cram.fs so you cannot access it before mounting the fs partition.

What exactly are you tying to do?

sunburnt

#3 Post by sunburnt »

I'm working on LanPup, I got John Murga's 128 special to lan boot because usr_cram.fs is inside image.gz.
I need to bring the network up before the local drives are searched, because there arn't any local drives.
Then pup001 & usr_cram.fs can be mounted on a server, this so normal Puppies will lan boot.
So copy dhcpcd into image.gz, but how to call net-setup.sh from a script to run Auto_DHCP?
I don't know if ifconfig is run when [Auto_DHCP] is pressed, or if the previous [Config. eth0] button does it.
Or copy the code to my script, but what to copy, to: eth0 up, dhcp request, restart eth0 with dhcp info?
Last edited by sunburnt on Tue 29 Nov 2005, 02:56, edited 2 times in total.

sunburnt

#4 Post by sunburnt »

rarsa, I found dhcpcd with ifconfig in the /sbin dir. in image.gz, so they're available at boot time.
I Googled for dhcpcd setup info, but nothing I found gave a simple script example.
I need the sequence of commands for dhcp request, & then ifconfig from the dhcp info.
Last edited by sunburnt on Tue 29 Nov 2005, 06:01, edited 4 times in total.

sunburnt

SOLVED

#5 Post by sunburnt »

I beleave I solved it, after MUCH MUCH Googling, I'm astonished to find that
it's so simple.
All that's required is to run the command: "dhcpcd"!
I couldn't beleave it was so simple, so I tried it & it worked.
It's a real drag reinventing the wheel 20 times a day, that's what friends are for, right?