No Sound hp mini 1000

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
mdbmike

No Sound hp mini 1000

#1 Post by mdbmike »

I have been working with the Alsa sound Wizard and all good until it gets to the Mixer configuration. The wizard is so fast that it is hard to see in the Alsaconf box what errors is going on. My question is, there a way to either single step through the script or stop the config so that I can read the errors?
I have added options=snd-hda-intel model=Idt
options=snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 in the modprobe.conf
I probably will not have sound until I take care of the errors.

inigomontoya

#2 Post by inigomontoya »

I too have a Mini 1000 with no sound. I'd be interested in any progress you make. Did you try model=ref?

mdbmike

No sound hp mini 1000

#3 Post by mdbmike »

I am trying to work between Ubuntu Hardy forums puppy forum to find out how ubuntu have the sound set up and working. Not sure what and where to look. If some one could give me a little hint of what files to look would be most helpful.

Oakems

#4 Post by Oakems »

Are you sure your using the right modules for your sound card? If so, for Puppy, you need to open /etc/modprobe.conf and delete the last bit that's added by Alsacorf, the bit that looks like this;
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF version 1.0.16 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-sbawe
alias sound-slot-0 snd-sbawe
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
Then reboot. Once you've rebooted you shouldn't have any sound modules loaded, you can check with 'lsmod' from the command line.

Then you'll need to load the right modules from the command line. I'm not sure which one's your using, I'm guessing 'snd-intel8x0' but I'm not sure so I'll give you an example with mine.

Code: Select all

modprobe snd
modprobe snd-sbawe
If something goes wrong you should get a message 'fatal error' of some sort. Not sure what to do if you do get these, but you can check 'lsmod' again to see if anything loaded, also 'dmesg' will show you if something was loaded successfully. You could check the module's dependencies by opening /lib/modules/2.6.25.16/modules.dep scroll down to your module and that whole line tells you what's needed. See if it matches the lsmod output.

Other than that I'm not much help, but if you do find other modules that are loaded as well as yours, they might be conflicting. you could blacklist them via Menu/Setup/PuppyControlPanel/BootConfig but only if they're not already loaded, so either delete the end bit of /etc/modprobe.conf again and reboot or edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and put in the code to blacklist the module. Example; sbin/modprobe -r pcspkr which removes the pcspkr.

never_stop_learning

#5 Post by never_stop_learning »

Thank you....I will try this and report back.....

never_stop_learning

#6 Post by never_stop_learning »

Loaded the updated alsa .pet and I have sound.....!!!!!

sindi

No sound HP MIni 1000 Slacko 5.7 or Tahr 6.0.5

#7 Post by sindi »

Where do I find the alsa.pet which fixed this sound problem?
Sound works in XP not in Puppy Linux.

I am surprised that post-2009 puppies still have the same sound problem.

8Geee

#8 Post by 8Geee »

Generally speaking in puppy...

MENU --> Setup --> ALSA Sound Wizard
On popup 'Adjust levels'

The routine is keyboard only using arrows and ESC key when done. One of the selections to the right is "Auto Mut". Press down-arrow to disable the mute.

For netbooks generally the nb-speakers are turned down in favor of headphones. So settings like 84/84/10/85/0/0/disabled work fine. Down in the tray the <))) icon can still adjust final volume.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

rufwoof

#9 Post by rufwoof »

What does setvol terminal command control?

If I

setvol 0 30

it doesn't reduce the sound level to 30%
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]