Getting errors extracting usr_cram.fs. (SOLVED)

Using applications, configuring, problems
sunburnt

Getting errors extracting usr_cram.fs. (SOLVED)

#1 Post by sunburnt »

Trying to extract the cram file from PizzaPup105 to a dir., I've tried cp, tar, & Rox, all had errors.
I'm mounting a spare cram file, not the one that's mounted by Pizza, so that's not it.
Googled my keester off, nada, it's gotta be easy to do... what's the trick guys?
Last edited by sunburnt on Tue 29 Nov 2005, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ted Dog

show me your full mount(y)

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

if it is mounted like normal usr_cram.fs , try opening ROX select the wierd

Code: Select all

.XX
.XX
XXX
its to show all files.
symbol and the /\ symbol
you should see a .usr_cram click on it.
select all drag to another folder.

Nathan F

#3 Post by Nathan F »

I don't know what kind of errors you're getting since you didn't say, but if you're extracting it to an FAT partition then all of the symlinks will give errors, since the permissions will be wrong. Just a stab in the dark there, but you didn't give us much to go on.

If it's mounting errors, then just make sure you're using the correct code to mount it and that you hav eenough loop devices left.

Code: Select all

mount -o loop usr_cram.fs /mnt/data
would mount a spare usr_cram.fs on /mnt/data, assuming you were in the directory it was located in.

If both those suggestions are way off base, give us more information to go on.

Nathan

sunburnt

#4 Post by sunburnt »

Nathan F, you hit it on the nose, I think it was Ted Dog that warned me about trying to use Fat32 partitions.
I'm not too slow, I just have to make the same misstake a half a dozen times before I get the hang of it.

Pizzasgood

#5 Post by Pizzasgood »

You could make a giant filesystem image and set it to be mounted as /workingdir in rc.local, then just work in that. That way you wouldn't have problems and you wouldn't need to repartition the harddrive.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sunburnt

#6 Post by sunburnt »

Excellent idea Pizzasgood, it's what I did working with the image file, just didn't think of using it here, DUH...