POLL: How old are you?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Aitch

#76 Post by Aitch »

Hey guys,

Re: the flying cars thing

When I was a kid and Dan Dare was in the comics....63, remember...

Flying cars was, we were told...coming soon... :lol:

If it wasn't for all those warmongerers, we'd be flying them now, but they [flying cars] have this strange way of making borders redundant,...as well as Traffic Wardens,

.....and Policing becomes a whole new game

However, because of what they've [warmongerers] done to helicopters, they [politicians] are petrified of allowing us to have them...too much freedom,

.....and we might drop things....oops! :D

It would save keep concreting/tarmacing so much of the planet though... :D

I've done my gliding initiation...so whenever you're ready...

...make some noise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aitch :)

piratesmack

#77 Post by piratesmack »

triminh

#78 Post by triminh »

hi!!
I'm 13/male/vietnam :)

linuxcbon

#79 Post by linuxcbon »

Billtoo

POLL: How old are you?

#80 Post by Billtoo »

I'm 61,retired and having fun most days :)

Pizzasgood

#81 Post by Pizzasgood »

[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

vladd44

#82 Post by vladd44 »

I figured I would take a cue from Pizzasgood, while it is longer, it does look less depressing.

Jack Benny would be proud, well at least for another 6 months.

Pizzasgood

#83 Post by Pizzasgood »

It looks even younger if you write it as 27 ;)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

01micko

#84 Post by 01micko »

:lol: 101100
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

vladd44

#85 Post by vladd44 »

lol Pizzasgood

Talk about confusing people, What next?

Perhaps next month we can discuss why some people confuse Halloween and Christmas :P:P:P

jacklayne

#86 Post by jacklayne »

I'm a little late answering this, but I"m 34. The early signs of arthritis have shown up, and I would be just as happy if the later stages of it stay away from me! :)

Take care, everybody,

Herman
aka jacklayne

Colonel Schell

#87 Post by Colonel Schell »

I have osteoarthritis, too. It is no joking matter. I have pain every day, sometimes limiting my ability to keep functioning, because the brain can only take so much strain.

In addition to the joints all over my body taking turns hurting, the vertebrae of my back are slowly 'dishing' out so that back pain is just normal. The only question left is, "How much pain today?"

Normally, I don't think about it, and that helps a little. Focusing elsewhere can only work for several hours before the pain becomes unbearable, and takes me down.

I am grateful that I am able to work a full-time job, though, and that I am able to sit here, even in pain.

But if I seem uncharacteristically stupid at times, it is because the pain-drain has gotten to me.

SilverPuppy

Well, I'm surprised

#88 Post by SilverPuppy »

Wow, I thought that more people here were like me, young and stupid. :shock: I'm not sure which is more surprising, the general age of the group, or that WhoDo isn't 25 like me! Just an impression I got.

How old is Barry?

yorkiesnorkie

Close to older than dirt...

#89 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

48 and counting... I remember watching Gerry Anderson's UFO when a computer was the size of a room. :) When I went to school we learned Fortran and Basic. There were certain individuals who used to print out pinups of girls which were entirely made up of text. What a laugh. Does that make me older than dirt? Probably not. I remember the flying cars too but we'd probably be far worse off now environmentally if they'd been realized.

Michalis

#90 Post by Michalis »

Oh that's strange I though that computer "geeks" especially the one that use Linux are by 90% less than 30 and most of them less than 25. And in this forum we managed to turn it around. :shock:

I'm in the 90% I though, 28 years have already pasted. Hoping to use the rest 72 at least. Wonder how computer and puppy will be then? :)

SilverPuppy

Re: Close to older than dirt...

#91 Post by SilverPuppy »

yorkiesnorkie wrote:48 and counting... I remember watching Gerry Anderson's UFO when a computer was the size of a room. :) When I went to school we learned Fortran and Basic. There were certain individuals who used to print out pinups of girls which were entirely made up of text. What a laugh. Does that make me older than dirt? Probably not. I remember the flying cars too but we'd probably be far worse off now environmentally if they'd been realized.
You're better off for the Fortran and Basic, which actually explains a lot of why people here tend to be older. You understand computers and are willing to make a solution, not simply requiring one to be ready for you to download a fix-all. You're actually :gasp: :o EDUCATED!!!!

As for the flying cars, the environment would be fine. It always has been. It changes some from time to time, but it always steadies itself. The earth's climate is dictated almost entirely by the sun, and yet we never hear anything about it. There's a documentary called "The Great Global Warming Swindle" that everyone who believes in man-made climate change absolutely MUST watch before they believe everything they've been told. Get both sides of the issue before you jump to conclusions. And hey, it's actually interesting and fun to watch, even if you don't change your mind.

rarsa

Re: Close to older than dirt...

#92 Post by rarsa »

SilverPuppy wrote:"The Great Global Warming Swindle" that everyone who believes in man-made climate change absolutely MUST watch before they believe everything they've been told.
It's more than "believing' it's observation but I'll watch it. Thanks for the reference.

Now back to topic. (or to a new thread)
[url]http://rarsa.blogspot.com[/url] Covering my eclectic thoughts
[url]http://www.kwlug.org/blog/48[/url] Covering my Linux How-to

p310don

#93 Post by p310don »

Digging up an old thread - but hey, I am bored at work and thought this was interesting.

It is interesting that most of the people on here are actually significantly older, and, often have computer experience from before Windoze took over the world.

puppyluvr

#94 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Ironic.... 8)

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 11:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Very Happy Hello,
Yea, I started out on a 16k TRS Z-80 running Extended Color Basic 2.1
I think Puppy makes more sense to those of us who used computers before Windoze...
Funny, I still have every version of Windows...from 1 to 7........... LOL........
Th e "Cell phone / Microwave "I aint got all minute"" generation aint as "green" as they think...
Take a "Goodwill" computer and make it outrun the "latest and greatest"...
Thats green to me.....
Wink

BTW....46..
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

TheAsterisk!

#95 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I'm 20, and will be 21 in late June.
(10100 goin' on 10101, for the odder folks. :P)

Up until 1998, the only computers I could readily access and use were old, aging Macs at school and a 1984 IBM desktop with PC DOS installed at home.

Re. Flying Cars:
Firstly, there are more than enough God-awful drivers working in three dimensions already, and I don't want most of them working in four. Secondly, your fuel costs will go up in real hurry. Thirdly, you can already command a flying machine (solo) at fifteen years old in the US, before you can drive one of those new-fangled horseless carriages everyone is always jabbering on about. Finally, do you really expect all these would-be pilots to get IFR ratings, or will all personal traffic just seize up whenever it gets too cloudy, or rains, or when it gets dark?
Simply not feasible, not without (potentially comedic, in a slightly dark way) calamities.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Fri 11 Mar 2011, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.