Who's in charge?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
raffy

say it

#31 Post by raffy »

@tronkel - Yes, ttuuxxx got the priorities right, and he is qualified by the first criterion. But someone has to cover for his fiery temper, probably a fish who is aways cool in the water. LOL. Or anyone of the posters above, except...

@ecomoney - _______________________________________________

iscraigh

#32 Post by iscraigh »

I don't post much or comment on the political things but it seems to me we have possibly lost a very good coordinator due to childish behavior.
Arms length opinions

4.2 is as stable a most previous versions of puppy some bugs but largely very good. A quick search of the forums fixed my printer issues, on the other hand i can not get my video card to work properly in Kubuntu (how dare they release an imperfect product :))

ecomoney Thumbs up for pointing out some bugs way to go
Thumbs down for personally attacking...well several people.

ttuuxx Always enjoy your packages although sometimes you and Rob have a similar approach and make things personal.

Whodoo Stay on stay above the abuse and second guessing.
a lot of us in the silent majority appreciate your hard work in coordinating the development team.

Pizzasgood.. moderate more in fact delete this message if it is at all inappropriate

Thanks to the devoted and passionate devolopers.

Craig

Nathan F

#33 Post by Nathan F »

just so long as I'm not forced to read through 25 pages of extraneous bull$^&t before I can make any sense of it.
I come back at the first opportunity and we're already up to 3 pages. Will it be six tommorrow?
I applaud Pizzasgood for locking one extremely nasty and non-productive thread. I also applaud his decision not to delete it. I sincerely hope that he doesn't have to repeat that action, but I've seen more of the same in several other threads so I imagine he will.
I regret posting the first message in this thread already. I just wanted some info, somewhere to start should I decide to dive back into Puppy luv at some point. Now we have another pissing match again and I feel somewhat responsible for providing the excuse to get it started.

I've been gone a long time. I don't know a lot of you, and I'm sure many of you don't remember me either. I didn't exactly leave by choice. My circumstances got so out of control that I had (and still have) almost zero time for hobby pursuits.

My life sucks. I can't think of anyone at the moment with more reason to be pissed at the world than myself. Not self pity, just the facts. And yet...I manage to behave in a civilized fashion. In fact, as pissed as I got I managed to NOT EVEN CALL ANYONE BY NAME although certain parties have assumed I was talking about them. Guilty conciense maybe?

In any event, I don't have the time or patience for this. I wanted INFORMATION. A few people stepped up and provided it. A few people are wasting what little free time I have by making me wade through a bunch of crap just in case there was something important in there. My time is valuable, next time I post please don't reply unless you have something you think adds to everyone else's knowledge.

I really don't care who contributed what, or whether you think you're justified in acting like a self righteous prick. If you constantly feel a need to justify yourself get ahold of your insecurities and begin acting like a self aware adult who is comfortable in his/her own skin. Do that first, then come back when you have accomplished that.

You don't see me rambling on about my accomplishments or why my contributions are more valuable than anyone else's. Pizzasgood doesn't do so either, and he surely has a lot more to be proud of contribution wise than, well, almost everybody here (myself included). Leave your egos behind please. Or at least edit them out before you hit send.

Now, if you are reading this and are assuming I am writing about you then you are just the sort of insecure little prick I was referring to all through this rant. But you don't HAVE to make that assumption. And you certainly don't have to continue acting out. I'm still quite willing to play nice and make friends with anyone who can behave like an adult and not WASTE MY TIME.

And of course, I'm now guilty of perhaps the most caustic post in the thread. But should anyone feel the need to take offense and start defending themselves to me you can be sure that I have enough bile left to get me banned from this forum for life and probably make you cry like a little girl in the process.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

cthisbear

#34 Post by cthisbear »

Boredom Alert !

Are we there yet girls??
Time for John Murgas' server to fail for a month.

No Cinderella moments here.
Although there are echos of the 3 ugly sisters.

Chris.

Nathan F

#35 Post by Nathan F »

OK so to summarize -

1) Whodo is still overseeing the next quasi official Puppy release. But said release may or may not be all that important in the grand scheme because the various puplets are where the action is at (at least according to some), and many people are already using woof.

2) Whodo has officially retired after this release, but there seems to be a general hunch that it may be possible to entice him back. However, I notice he is somewhat tight lipped about said possibility.

3) Lobster is still rather scatterbrained in a most delightful way. I missed your, ahem, wisdom Ed. Still on Facebook my crustacean friend? I broke down and put some crap up. :wink:

Feel free to chime in if you think I've missed anything important. I think my questions are *mostly* answered. But I have one new question. Has anyone bothered to ask Warren directly about his intentions regarding either retirement or continuing on as coordinator? If so, did he reply? If not, why not do so now. As a matter of fact, Warren if you're reading this consider it an official request from myself for enlightenment on the subject.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#36 Post by Lobster »

3) Still on Facebook my crustacean friend? I broke down and put some crap up. Wink
:)
Nathan
I left Facebook, too many scatter brained people, not enough wisdom. Just getting reacquainted with SecondLife.com where the situation is far worse but I have found some hidden gems too . . .
Anyways Facebook mischievously retain your data unless
you go through some geeky process - will go back on it it to check things out.
Meanwhile I intend to scatter my own mindlessness
until every last remnant of coherence is gone . . .(A heretical Buddhist perspective)
I will do a puja (prayer ritual) that change will come your way Nathan.
Look out for it :)
And now back to the therapy rooms . . .

Warren needs rest, dogee treats and time to rest in the kennels
quarantined from flees, sheep dog trials and poodle rinsing.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Nathan F

#37 Post by Nathan F »

Anyways Facebook mischievously retain your data unless
you go through some geeky process
Ah, then it's good that I am able to handle most geeky processes.

Off to bed with me then.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

ecomoney

#38 Post by ecomoney »

Hi Nathan

Its a shame that you dont have the time to verify more of what you have read, test my work and find out for yourself the size of my packages. Myself, Im just glad theyre up to the job and tested frequently, though currently theyre not as available as I would like.

Who is really in charge is whoever has the passwords for the main ISO download site at puppylinux.org, and the repositories for the official software. When that information is posted, Nathan you can mark this thread [SOLVED]
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

BarryK
Puppy Master

#39 Post by BarryK »

Hi Nathan,
I don't know about all the posts you have objected to in this thread, as I haven't read it, just come in at the end :)

That's basically how I read the forum these days, just too darn busy.

Anyway, I have personally settled on the Ubuntu Jaunty-Puppy build in Woof as the future 5.0.

As I have mentioned in my blog, it doesn't have to be the only official release. We have at least:

The "Dingo" series, version numbers 4.x
My proposed "Upup" series, version numbers 5.x

"Upup" could be the short name for "Upuptu", phonetically "You pup too".

I'm knocking down the bugs in Upup at a rapid rate, should have the beta out real soon.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

WhoDo

#40 Post by WhoDo »

ecomoney wrote:Who is really in charge is whoever has the passwords for the main ISO download site at puppylinux.org, and the repositories for the official software. When that information is posted, Nathan you can mark this thread [SOLVED]
ummmm.... that would be .... (wait for it) .... for the time being ... (I said "wait for it").... ME!
NathanF wrote:OK so to summarize -

1) Whodo is still overseeing the next quasi official Puppy release. But said release may or may not be all that important in the grand scheme because the various puplets are where the action is at (at least according to some), and many people are already using woof.
Well yes and no. Yes, I am still overseeing the next official Puppy release (no quasi about it :wink: ). No, Puppy-4.2.1 will be an official bugfix update to 4.2, and that is always important to the vast majority of ordinary users. The disputes here have been more about the timing of that release, with some questioning both my wisdom and authority in deciding when that would be. Woof is still in Alpha and when it does go Beta it probably won't be a replacement for the Puppy 4.x series but and adjunct to it, as Barry says. T2pup or ppup or whatever it will be called when built with Woof will carry on the standard Puppy tradition absent any major revelations in future development.
NathanF wrote:2) Whodo has officially retired after this release, but there seems to be a general hunch that it may be possible to entice him back. However, I notice he is somewhat tight lipped about said possibility.
I have no intention of staying on as Coordinator at this stage, Nathan. I have previously expressed my concerns for the current role of Coordinator in a climate of open dissent bordering on harassment from certain quarters, however unrepresentative of the majority they may be. Perhaps Pizzasgood's revisiting of the governing council concept, or "Puppy Foundation", to oversee the Coordinator role would be a good thing. At least it would be clear to the Coordinator just whose opinions of his or her decisions really matter. At the moment it really isn't that clear at all.
NathanF wrote:I have one new question. Has anyone bothered to ask Warren directly about his intentions regarding either retirement or continuing on as coordinator? If so, did he reply? If not, why not do so now. As a matter of fact, Warren if you're reading this consider it an official request from myself for enlightenment on the subject.
Yes, Nathan, I have been asked both publicly and privately whether I would reconsider my decision to retire as Coordinator. I have also said that I wouldn't do that while ever the situation here remains unchanged; but I AM tempted to change my mind just to p!$$ ecomoney right off! :P

I might reconsider if Pizzasgood's idea to revive the Puppy Foundation gets a guernsey, and those on the newly formed "council" want me back (that is unless ecomoney is one of them of course. I couldn't handle that; I don't think anyone could! Hoooo... the thought of that just sent a cold shiver up my spine! :lol: ). It's not petulance. I just don't have the energy to deal with that sort of stuff while managing a project like Puppy the way it truly deserves.

I am really glad to see you back in whatever limited capacity, Nathan. I was worried that we hadn't seen you around and I have fond memories of the support you gave me and the team when we put Puppy-2.15CE together. I hope Lobster's "puja" produces the desired result for you and your life becomes enjoyable once again.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Nathan F

#41 Post by Nathan F »

All right, I have a few minutes before work and I'll try to make this courteous this morning. After that, I'm pretty much done with this particular thread.

Ecomoney - Yes, it is a shame I was gone so long and missed so much. I am sure you have made many valuable contributions and many wonderful packages. As I said, I'd be glad to try and start over on my first impressions here and give you the same fair shake I give anybody else. I will even be HOPEFUL that, should I find the time to be a more regular contributor again, we might work together on some projects and have a good working relationship. I may have a much shorter fuse these days, but I'm generally still the same nice guy I used to be.

What I do want to point out is that, even in your last post, you felt compelled to point out that I'm missing your contributions and perhaps not playing fair with you. Maybe I'm not, but this is exactly the wrong way to try and get me to revise the opinion I've come to. If you do indeed do a lot of good work then I'll eventually see that for myself, but for now please stop *saying* so. And even with that, some of the nastiness is inexcusable. And I will say right off, which *may* ease your mind somewhat, many of what I consider the worst personal attacks lately were launched AT you, not BY you. I'm not an idiot and I do see that.

Whodo - Thanks mate, for a job basically well done, for your kind words, and for answering me directly even though I'm sure you're tired of that particular question. I can well understand the decision not to continue. I well know the sheer volume of work for one thing.

Barry - I really do appreciate the clarification. I've downloaded the latest upup and it's devx file. If it generally suits I'll do a hd install sometime soon and go from there. I've already tried 4.2 and I do generally like it, but I want to start out a bit more current I think.

I do kind of wonder at how you can be considered retired though, when you still seem to work harder and longer than anyone else on Puppy. If anything, you must be working harder than ever.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

ttuuxxx

#42 Post by ttuuxxx »

WhoDo wrote:but I AM tempted to change my mind just to p!$$ ecomoney right off! :P
Yes Please do we can call it "Puppy Linux 4.3, PERO Release"
lol ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

tronkel

#43 Post by tronkel »

ttuuxxx wrote:
Yes Please do we can call it "Puppy Linux 4.3, PERO Release"
LOL that's a wonderful name!

WhoDo you must stay on as co-ordinator until that gets released - so you can get to see that release in bright lights and can say to yourself "I did that!" Image
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#44 Post by Lobster »

those on the newly formed "council" want me back
Warren 2.15 and now 4.2.1 would not have happened without your efforts

Puppy 5.xx is our biggest challenge
http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/developm ... y-5-kennel
and Barry has made it clear with his Woof Upuptu support that Woof can be the basis . . .

If it takes a temporary council to ensure a quality coordinator for Puppy 5
I vote for you as Chairman with the ability to appoint council members

If that is seconded, I will set up a wiki page and thread and we are
a PC (Puppy Council)

I am a Mac
I am a PC
We are Puppy
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

01micko

#45 Post by 01micko »

Lobster said
If it takes a temporary council to ensure a quality coordinator for Puppy 5
I vote for you as Chairman with the ability to appoint council members

If that is seconded, I will set up a wiki page and thread and we are
a PC (Puppy Council)
seconded 8)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#46 Post by trio »

tripled it :wink:

ttuuxxx

#47 Post by ttuuxxx »

I Still think puppy 5.0 should have different releases and not just Upup, I'm still really happy with Dpup, really are we going to shoot out the door all the work thats been done on the others? Maybe we should split them up, Tronkel and I could take Dpup, Barry can have Jpup, Bigbass if he wanted could have Spup, but he does kind of has his own Slackware version based on 4.12, etc.
This is how I see the repo should be like
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... ckages-5D/

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... ckages-5J/

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... ckages-5S/

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... ckages-5U/

etc one for each woof version
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#48 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Council in session
Warren Willson (WhoDo) presiding as acting Chairperson
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 282#300282
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

01micko

#49 Post by 01micko »

Congratulations WhoDo!

Your are now Chairman of the PC.

First order of business... NathanF, you have your answer.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

aragon

#50 Post by aragon »

at our actual situation PC seems to be the best direction.

one note: as there have been some discussions on the actual state of woof (alpha?), the need/interest on 4.3 (based on unleashed?) and such points, maybe it would also be a job for the council to clear the future? of 4*-series.

aragon