How to define bugs, wishes, missing features, ignorance

This is for bugs in a version of Puppy 4.x that is still under development. If you have bugs for a released version of Puppy, please post them in the forum's main Bugs section, not here. Bugs are when a program does not function as intended. Usability issues are not bugs.
James C

#16 Post by James C »

Simply put, a "bug" is something, such as a program, that does not work as the developer intended.

If someone merely doesn't know how to use a program, or some setting is not to his or her liking, that is not a "bug".Usability or personal preference maybe, but not a "bug".

Lastly, Linux is not Windows.

Puppy is not Windows. Thankfully!!!!!

trapster

#17 Post by trapster »

ecomoney wrote:
the trick to people learning is to get them here in the first place.
Windows is doing just fine in that dept.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

ecomoney

#18 Post by ecomoney »

Still searching...
Simply put, a "bug" is something, such as a program, that does not work as the developer intended.
That depends if the program is intended for developers or "Linux Newbs", as the origional Developer...BarryK, intended.
puppyluvr wrote:Someone once said the about the same thing to me[to make puppy look/act more like windows]..I see his point now....
Just about every non-linux user Ive ever shown puppy to said exactly the same thing. Is this person a linux user now? Do you think they would be if it was a little more like Windows?

Somehow, convincing a load of Linux developers to produce something similar looking/acting to what they despise and detest, for free and as a hobby, is not something Im likely to achieve....however much it needs achieving.

Maybe I need some money!

Update...Searching through the archives, Ive found BarryK explaination his original purpose for starting Puppy Linux!!!

http://www.abclinuxu.cz/clanky/rozhovor ... ler?page=1

Shouldnt we respect that and keep to his origional mission, despite our change of leader? For even BarryK was a "linux newb" once.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!