SUCCESS!!! PizzaLanPup booted all by itself!

News, happenings
sunburnt

SUCCESS!!! PizzaLanPup booted all by itself!

#1 Post by sunburnt »

Friday morning; 3:00, Pizza 105 managed to LANboot successfully, I don't beleave it myself.
I'm posting this from the diskless PC in the other room that I just booted from (UGH) Win98.
Scripts aren't working fully, Docs & Public dirs. came up automatically, errors on the rest.
I SMBmounted /mnt/home manually, & then mounted the pup-pizza105 image on the Win server, works.
Then with usr_pizza105.fs set read only, in the same /mnt/home, did losetup & SMBmounted it, it works.
So far all appears to be normal... amazing, I'll spend the next week bug swatting scripts & testing.
Addon: I just tried watching a movie in the Docs dir., Xine ran it great, the kids are gonna love this.

Credits: I cannot say enough about how much all you guys have helped out with this dream project of mine, & the dumb, inaine, clueless Qs that I've peppered John's forum with...
Only the Freesco site has given me the amount of help you guys have , they're great guys also.
I'll list all who've donated knowledge to this project, hope I don't end up forgetting anyone, THANKS.
Last edited by sunburnt on Sat 03 Dec 2005, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

sunburnt

#2 Post by sunburnt »

Addendum: I've swatted enough bugs now to make the Orkin man envious,
but I got PizzaPup to LANboot all by itself.
Still more work to go, but it's more enjoyable when it actually functions.
I'll need still more help I'm sure, I want to get local drives working, & hopefully a Samba swap file.
I want to really get the whole setup well organized & tested, then I'll post the HowTo for everyone.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

:) Good news - keep us informed :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

It's Pizzapup: Delivery Style! :P
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sunburnt

#5 Post by sunburnt »

It's been awhile, thought I'd post current state of the project news.
The server part of LanPuppy was being held up due to my incompatence with Linux in general, but fortunately the shining savior MU has rallied to the cause, & it looks like he's solved most of the problems already.
Gee I wish I knew what I was doing!

In the mean time I've rearranged the client part so it's more flexable & easily modified, think about anything for awhile & you'll come up with a better way.
I'm hoping that now it'll be able to use different cram files for special uses, I suppose it might be easier to just have a huge cram file with everything in it.

I need to start working on the server GUIs for setup & options, I rather liked the simple menu/panel builder that Lobster has, it might do just fine.

edoc

#6 Post by edoc »

sunburnt wrote:It's been awhile, thought I'd post current state of the project news.
The server part of LanPuppy was being held up due to my incompatence with Linux in general, but fortunately the shining savior MU has rallied to the cause, & it looks like he's solved most of the problems already.
Gee I wish I knew what I was doing!

In the mean time I've rearranged the client part so it's more flexable & easily modified, think about anything for awhile & you'll come up with a better way.
I'm hoping that now it'll be able to use different cram files for special uses, I suppose it might be easier to just have a huge cram file with everything in it.

I need to start working on the server GUIs for setup & options, I rather liked the simple menu/panel builder that Lobster has, it might do just fine.
Sure appreciate you working through the challenges, we all will benefit greatly!

Please keep us informed! I can help to break things when you get to Beta stage! ;-)

doc
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603