[SOLVED] hpjis

This is for bugs in a version of Puppy 4.x that is still under development. If you have bugs for a released version of Puppy, please post them in the forum's main Bugs section, not here. Bugs are when a program does not function as intended. Usability issues are not bugs.
DaveS

[SOLVED] hpjis

#1 Post by DaveS »

DaveS wrote:Hpijs-static patched will not install via package manager. It begins to download then bugs out with an error message saying failed to install. Thus, no access to printer drivers to test new CUPS
Frugal USB
Installing the hpijs-3.9.4-dynppds.pet from here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 082#304082
fixes it. Nothing else is needed.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

ecomoney

#2 Post by ecomoney »

Does this need to be added to the repository instead of the hpjis package that is there in that case?
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

DaveS

#3 Post by DaveS »

ecomoney wrote:Does this need to be added to the repository instead of the hpjis package that is there in that case?
Maybe. I tried it as a straight shoe-in for 4.2 and it did not work, I think because it requires the 4.2.1 CUPS (1.3.10) version, not 1.4b in 4.2
I had to do this as the standard version would not install. Hopefully, it was just a bad upload. If that was the case, then the version in the repo when fixed would work across Puppy versions.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

WhoDo

#4 Post by WhoDo »

DaveS wrote:Hopefully, it was just a bad upload. If that was the case, then the version in the repo when fixed would work across Puppy versions.
Latest version of hpijs-2.18.2-patched421 is available at ibiblio.org ... note that you won't have access to it from PETget just yet, unless you are running 4.2.1RC2 in testing.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

DaveS

#5 Post by DaveS »

Thanks WhoDo. Downloaded and installed in an otherwise clean version of 4.2.1. No problem this time, but on my system, after I have installed the .pet and the printer, I have to re-boot BEFORE I print a test page, or the process hangs at 17% complete. May just be my system as it has always done this :D
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#6 Post by DaveS »

ecomoney wrote:Does this need to be added to the repository instead of the hpjis package that is there in that case?
It was just a bad upload. Downloads and installs perfectly now.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

rcrsn51

#7 Post by rcrsn51 »

In the same way that Gutenprint has upgraded to dynamic PPD's, it would make sense to do the same with HPIJS. The download is much smaller and there is no large permanent store of PPD files on your system.
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Mon 11 May 2009, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

#8 Post by DaveS »

rcrsn51 wrote:In the same way that Gutenprint has upgraded to dynamic PPD's, it would make sense to do the same with HPIJS. The download is much smaller and there in no large permanent store of PPD files on your system.
Agreed. Will be keeping your dynamic package in favour of the static, but it was important to get the bad .pet sorted. If only the dynamic package could be part of the .iso.........................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!