[OPEN]Puppy 4.2 - pdvdsrb, full screen YOUTUBE problems

This is for bugs in a version of Puppy 4.x that is still under development. If you have bugs for a released version of Puppy, please post them in the forum's main Bugs section, not here. Bugs are when a program does not function as intended. Usability issues are not bugs.
Gorilla no baka

[OPEN]Puppy 4.2 - pdvdsrb, full screen YOUTUBE problems

#1 Post by Gorilla no baka »

Allright, here we go...Following ecomoney `s sugestion

I want to report few findings about Puppy4.2

THings YOU CAN NOT DO with with Puppy 4.2 :

-Watch a movie on fullscreen in BBCiplayer OR YOUTUBE...

THE moment you clicked on the full screen button the Youtube`s ,BBCiplayer`s screen just flickers twice 2 small screans apears in the left upper corner , than they disapear and NOTHING HAPPENS...

-Can not just open a window with rox without getting minimalized in the next instant and see it jumping in the oposit corner of the desktop..Everytime you open the window you will end up with a minimalized version (Why would somebody think this is usefull i can not understend)

It is obviously that the moment i went to usr/lib and click on the window to open it that i want a FULL window so i can see better the contents inside ..

Nope...!!!
The new puppy forces you to click TWICE EVERYTIME YOU OPEN A WINDOW....

It goes like that: click once to open it....AND THAN CHASE THE WINDOW WITH YOUR MOUSE ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT UPPER SIDE OF THE SCREEN WHERE THE WINDOWS YOU JUST OPENED HAS JUMPED AND CLICK AGAIN ..IS ONLY THAN WHEN YOU WILL GET HAVE A FULLY OPENED WINDOW..

Now repeat this procedure EVERYTIME YOU OPEN A WINDOW....That`s counter productive if i may say...

-You can not enjoy anymore the AquaBLarge png skin for the digital clock(The one where the clock looks like a clock and not like a 2 years old kid draw...
This is what i am talking about http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... h&id=18267) One of the best from the Puppy 4.2 alpha...
Instead the folder is full with lots of skins which i am aware ppl workd hard on it...I do not ask for more but for that particular skin to be included in the main distribution...

-You can not just see how much free memory you have as the free momory applet as you can see from the picture is only half visibile.

Oh that`s something that needs to be fixed...right now we can download a patch from 215CE if i am not wrong..anyway that what the free mem applet looks like...What`s the point in having a new look of pupy if in 2 days we gonna patch it again and again making it look like a 215 or 4.1???

-You can not make The pdvdsrab to shrink a .vob file without losing the translations...

-You can not remove the Modern Seamonkey`s theme from the control panel if you wanted to...Classic is by far the best
You have to go to /usr/lib/seamonkey/chrome
and remove modern.jar from there.

-You can not move the mouse anywhere near Geany or console without having the bloddy upper toolbar or whatever it is jumping in your face and covering the very stuff you want to click on it for 5 seconds or something...

Cheers!!

Sorry about the ranting, mates!
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/29zdifo.jpg[/img]
[b]
[color=red]I'M IN MY OWN WORLD[/color].[/b] [color=darkred]IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!![/color]

WhoDo

Re: Few buggy bugs...

#2 Post by WhoDo »

Gorilla no baka wrote:THings YOU CAN NOT DO with with Puppy 4.2 :

THE moment you clicked on the full screen button the Youtube`s ,BBCiplayer`s screen just flickers twice 2 small screans apears in the left upper corner , than they disapear and NOTHING HAPPENS...
Watch with what; browser, gxine?
Gorilla no baka wrote:-Can not just open a window with rox without getting minimalized in the next instant and see it jumping in the oposit corner of the desktop..Everytime you open the window you will end up with a minimalized version (Why would somebody think this is usefull i can not understend)
Not able to duplicate. ROX opens windows in all directories fine. More information required about your machine, installation type, etc.
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not enjoy anymore the AquaBLarge png skin for the digital clock(The one where the clock looks like a clock and not like a 2 years old kid draw...
This is what i am talking about http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... h&id=18267) One of the best from the Puppy 4.2 alpha...
Instead the folder is full with lots of skins which i am aware ppl workd hard on it...I do not ask for more but for that particular skin to be included in the main distribution...
Not a bug. Not a usability feature. There are literally hundreds of skins available in a single pack supplied by MU and any of these can be easily added to the /root/.pwidgets/clock_skins directory.
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not just see how much free memory you have as the free momory applet as you can see from the picture is only half visibile.
Fixed already by a patch in the Puppy-4.2 Official Patches & Updates thread, but you already KNOW that ... (see below)
Gorilla no baka wrote:What`s the point in having a new look of pupy if in 2 days we gonna patch it again and again making it look like a 215 or 4.1???
The point is that the new one doesn't work properly in JWM, as you have just complained. If you are going to work only in IceWM then you can keep it the way it is if you like. Otherwise use the patch. If you want ttuuxxx to fix his NEW version to work with JWM, that's another matter, but that's not a bug.
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not make The pdvdsrab to shrink a .vob file without losing the translations...
Investigating....
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not remove the Modern Seamonkey`s theme from the control panel if you wanted to...Classic is by far the best
Not a bug. This is a feature. The default Seamonkey theme was purpose built for Puppy-4.2 and many other users have commented on how good it looks ... "better than the standard Seamonkey theme" has been a common comment. User choice item, not a bug or usability issue.
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not move the mouse anywhere near Geany or console without having the bloddy upper toolbar or whatever it is jumping in your face and covering the very stuff you want to click on it for 5 seconds or something...
Not a bug. See Menu>Desktop>Ptray>Top Tray>Hide Tray.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

Full screen youtube issue

#3 Post by Béèm »

I have this with Seamonkey in any version whether it is 4.x or 5.x
It has been discussed in the normal forums already. (either beginners or users)
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

Gorilla no baka

Re: Few buggy bugs...

#4 Post by Gorilla no baka »

WhoDo wrote:
Gorilla no baka wrote:THings YOU T..
CAN NOT DO
with with Puppy 4.2 :

Watch with what; browser, gxine?

BBCiplayer OR YOUTUBE can only be watched in the browser..

You try to watch it in Gxine it goes even worst :"THe plugin has not been found the xine engine failed to start and so on
,"

Gorilla no baka wrote:-Can not just open a window with rox without getting minimalized in the next instant and see it jumping in the oposit corner of the desktop..Everytime you open the window you will end up with a minimalized version (Why would somebody think this is usefull i can not understend)
Not able to duplicate. ROX opens windows in all directories fine. More information required about your machine, installation type, etc.

Ok.. My english is not that good but i tought...ok lemme upload some pictures to show you what i mean...they are numbered 1 and 2 ,4

1 is what the window looks like after the first click
2 mazimized but only after you did it youreself
4 what happen if you decide that you actually WANT TO OPEN AN OTHER FOLDER ..THe inside window -gets small again.and than...Surprize....you have to maximize it again.That`s what i am talking about...
And of course if you open up and other one the proces begins again:click on a folder- small window opens -You click in the upper right corner to maximeze it CLICK ON THE EYE TO SEE THE HIDDEN FOLDERS THE WINDOW GETS SMALLER AGAIN BUT ONLY HALF SIZE and if you want to look inside of a subdirectory in that folder of course you have to click on it and SURPRIZE AND OTHER SMALL WINDOW POPS.WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO MAXIMAZE IT AGAIN..

I have a Full install on a hard disk NecLavie laptop
Works perfect with 215CE by the way..

Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not enjoy anymore the AquaBLarge png skin for the digital clock(The one where the clock looks like a clock and not like a 2 years old kid draw...
Not a bug. Not a usability feature. There are literally hundreds of skins available in a single pack supplied by MU and any of these can be easily added to the /root/.pwidgets/clock_skins directory.
I stand corected here....You are right ..That`s what i actually did ..IN fact i was actually askinng why removing a perfect nice skin with astonishing graphix from the standard install and keeping only the ones that ,well are not so NIce..
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not just see how much free memory you have as the free momory applet as you can see from the picture is only half visibile.
Fixed already by a patch in the Puppy-4.2 Official Patches & Updates thread, but you already KNOW that ... (see below)
Gorilla no baka wrote:What`s the point in having a new look of pupy if in 2 days we gonna patch it again and again making it look like a 215 or 4.1???
The point is that the new one doesn't work properly in JWM, as you have just complained. If you are going to work only in IceWM then you can keep it the way it is if you like. Otherwise use the patch. If you want ttuuxxx to fix his NEW version to work with JWM, that's another matter, but that's not a bug.

I know that...I know that i know..What i am trying to say here is that this whole stuff should be on a STANDARD CD as a standard install..I tought 4.2 is not in alpha stage anymore
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not make The pdvdsrab to shrink a .vob file without losing the translations...
Investigating....

THanks a lot

Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not remove the Modern Seamonkey`s theme from the control panel if you wanted to...Classic is by far the best
Not a bug. This is a feature. The default Seamonkey theme was purpose built for Puppy-4.2 and many other users have commented on how good it looks ... "better than the standard Seamonkey theme" has been a common comment. User choice item, not a bug or usability issue.

I realize that as a dev you can not please all the ppl but why not giving the the posibility to remove them if they feel like too?? It took me a while looking trough all this foders until i was able to find the modern them and remove it And this in the conditions where i knew what to look for..A normal user will never be able to get rid of the modern theme assuming he wanted...but that`s not the point i CAN LIVE WITH THAt
Gorilla no baka wrote:-You can not move the mouse anywhere near Geany or console without having the bloddy upper toolbar or whatever it is jumping in your face and covering the very stuff you want to click on it for 5 seconds or something...
Not a bug. See Menu>Desktop>Ptray>Top Tray>Hide Tray.

Been there before clicked on "hide" and as a normal user i tought you must click on the apply button after in order for the changes to be saved..Well it turned out that is not like that ..You only have to click once on hide...I did not know that ....But i am sure 90% of the users would have done the same...click on hide and than on apply which actually turns the ptray on again....
Attachments
no2.jpg
(145.15 KiB) Downloaded 1236 times
Last edited by Gorilla no baka on Thu 14 May 2009, 11:30, edited 2 times in total.

trio

#5 Post by trio »

You followed ecomoney's suggestion? :lol: :lol:

Gorilla no baka

#6 Post by Gorilla no baka »

trio wrote:You followed ecomoney's suggestion? :lol: :lol:
Why not...??

:lol:

You have to follow someone in order to get somewhere...
[b]
[color=red]I'M IN MY OWN WORLD[/color].[/b] [color=darkred]IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!![/color]

trio

#7 Post by trio »

aah, you don't get it, don't you? It's ecomoney we're talking about here... :lol: Naa, just an old joke around here...

Gorilla no baka

#8 Post by Gorilla no baka »

trio wrote:aah, you don't get it, don't you? It's ecomoney we're talking about here... :lol: Naa, just an old joke around here...
I kindda figurre it ou it might be a joke..

I have not been around long enough to hear the joke tough...
[b]