Guidelines for Reporting Bugs

This is for bugs in a version of Puppy 4.x that is still under development. If you have bugs for a released version of Puppy, please post them in the forum's main Bugs section, not here. Bugs are when a program does not function as intended. Usability issues are not bugs.
WhoDo

Guidelines for Reporting Bugs

#1 Post by WhoDo »

I'd like to make it easier (on myself especially) when following bugs in this forum, so I thought a few "guidelines" might help. Nothing too onerous I hope.

1. When you open a new thread, use [OPEN] in the title, followed by a concise bug description - it is redundant to preface posts in a Bugs forum with [BUG].

2. Be sure to indicate as closely as possible the application, behaviour and any open applications or actions being taken at the time.

3. Please try to give full details of your setup; machine type, RAM, video adapter, CPU class and install type (FULL, FRUGAL, USB, CD, DVD, Swap/NoSwap, etc) for starters.

4. Please try to post only ONE BUG PER THREAD unless there are two or more related issues that flow from a single action.

5. If I mark your report [SOLVED] that means a fix has been provided or will be included in the next release.

6. If I mark your report [CLOSED] it means that what you believed was a bug was either a feature or intended function of the application or Puppy.

7. If I find your Bug report relates instead to a Feature Request then I will endeavour to move it there. If it goes missing, please look there first before complaining.

I will add to this list as new "guidelines" become necessary.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com