Windows open off edge of screen

Please post any bugs you have found
kethd

Windows open off edge of screen

#1 Post by kethd »

Running standard 1.0.6 at 800x600, windows often open in such a way that they don't all fit on the screen. For example, the menu Find function opens so that the buttons that must be clicked to make it run are off the bottom.

Sometimes this happens in such a way that it is not easy to wrestle the window back on-screen -- when they are off on the right...

It seems like the problem would be worse at 640x480.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

That happens to me too. I use 800x600 resolution. If the little "full screen" square shows in the top right corner, clicking it usually makes the window fit the screen.

#3 Post by Guest »

many window managers, like kde or icewm, allow you to hold the alt key and drag the window with the mouse, anywhere on the window
i don't think this works in JWM

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

In JWM, if you right-click on a window's tab in the taskbar, you get a menu, which has a resize function.

Also, for people with not much room on the screen:
Do you guys know about the double-click on a window's title-bar?

kethd

#5 Post by kethd »

No, this is the first I have heard of double-clicking on the title bar... I was hoping maybe it would auto-relocate the window onto the screen, but what it does is reduce the window to just the title bar. Dragging/maximizing seem to be the only way to get the windows to fit on the screen. And maximize is available from the title bar, but not from the bottom bar when the window is minimized.