[Issue]Woof "colourscheme" makes monitor appear "broken"

This is where you post about usability issues (not bugs) in pre-release versions of Puppy 5.x (alphas, betas, rcs). Usability issues are things like poor contrast in the themes, non-ergonomic button layouts, unintuitive application behavior, etc.
WhoDo

#46 Post by WhoDo »

sikpuppy wrote:
James C wrote: Alphas, betas and release candidates are for testing not intended for daily use or mission critical operations.
So for mission critical operations, what is the official missionary position?
In the pot, on the fire and surrounded by a few well chosen vegies, with some salt and pepper to taste! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sings: Put another log on the fire... whup me up some bacon an some beans ... :wink:
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

01micko

#47 Post by 01micko »

***with surpirise it took so long***
So for mission critical operations, what is the official missionary position?
Er.. here we do it doggy style...
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

raffy

right

#48 Post by raffy »

01micko wrote:Er.. here we do it doggy style...
Right - simply right - why haven't I thought of that before! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, in order to achieve the correct missionary position, jkshd jdjhddf dkfhd jdiede kjidwjd q jdiwdj wdj pjdwdhiuwyo jdd j jpdj dj johyroqw wjwp ppj wqpwo wokoffkkppkwio owdjpwojpfifuu jkshd jdjhddf dkfhd jdiede kjidwjd q jdiwdj wdj pjdwdhiuwyo jdd j jpdj dj johyroqw wjwp ppj wqpwo wokoffkkppkwio owdjpwojpfifuu jkshd jdjhddf dkfhd jdiede kjidwjd q jdiwdj wdj pjdwdhiuwyo jdd j jpdj dj johyroqw wjwp ppj wqpwo wokoffkkppkwio owdjpwojpfifuu.

I hope that makes things clear. :lol:

(Sorry, I have to keep my sanity.)

Now, seriously: Robert (ecomoney), please stop preaching to the developers. Just do what you excel in, which is helping newbies use Puppy Linux. We've had years of joy reading your stories and giving help when we can. Let's keep it that way, OK?
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

sophiebabi

my reply

#49 Post by sophiebabi »

If you want people to use the Woof ' colourscheme' then you need to give it a nice colour scheme as the one that is being used the moment looks like the screen is broken.

I am a Linux newbe

Yes i did say that it makes the computer monitor look broken which it does, it needs colours that make it look bright and make people want to use it.

sikpuppy

Re: my reply

#50 Post by sikpuppy »

sophiebabi wrote:If you want people to use the Woof ' colourscheme' then you need to give it a nice colour scheme as the one that is being used the moment looks like the screen is broken.

I am a Linux newbe

Yes i did say that it makes the computer monitor look broken which it does, it needs colours that make it look bright and make people want to use it.
Try this one, sophibabi. http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php ... 1118428103
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

bugman

#51 Post by bugman »

sophiebabi wrote:If you want people to use the Woof ' colourscheme' then you need to give it a nice colour scheme as the one that is being used the moment looks like the screen is broken.

I am a Linux newbe

guess what, not everybody likes bright colors

i prefer the gray, and do not think it does not look 'broken'

we are not monkeys, amused by shiny objects

[are we not men?]

sophiebabi

my reply

#52 Post by sophiebabi »

Sikpuppy that background looks so much better then the grey one which makes it look so dull and broken.

Bugman the grey bacground is too dull. If kids use it they need something that will standout and not something dull and boring.

sophiebabi

#53 Post by sophiebabi »

How come it has not got facebook chat on it. You have to go on to meebo and use the chat on there and it keeps signing out and you have to keep signing back in but if it was actually on facebook it would not do that?

bugman

#54 Post by bugman »

sophiebabi wrote:If kids use it they need something that will standout and not something dull and boring.
so glad that all children are exactly the same, liking exactly the same thing, and that they have a spokesperson in you

:roll:

sophiebabi

my reply

#55 Post by sophiebabi »

Yea all children may be the same but it is bright and out standing colours that they want to see not dull and boring colours like the grey that makes it look like there computer is broken.

James C

#56 Post by James C »

Sophiebabi, you were given a testing version of Puppy Woof. The testing versions are not in the final form and not intended for daily use.

By the time it gets finished, a lot of things will be different and better.

sophiebabi

my reply

#57 Post by sophiebabi »

James C: It might end up being better but will the wallpaper end up being better and brightly coloured and not boring and dull.

James C

#58 Post by James C »

You need to try a finished version of Puppy, the latest 4.2.1 would be much better.

Remember, the one you are using now is not complete.And the wallpaper can be changed with a couple of clicks of a mouse,

sophiebabi

#59 Post by sophiebabi »

yea you may be able to change it with a couple of clicks of the mouse as long as you know how to chnage it.

The new one also does not has the facebook chat on it, you have to go to meebo to talk but it signs you out alot and have to keep signing back in but it was actually on the facebook itself it would not do that and would'nt have to mess around with the meebo. when it has been finished will it have facbook chat on the actually website??

bugman

#60 Post by bugman »

sophiebabi wrote:It might end up being better but will the wallpaper end up being better and brightly coloured and not boring and dull.
this is your value judgement

i am continually amazed at the evaluation of distros by wallpaper and theme, even at sites like distrowatch [ooh, so pretty]

i think puppy should ship with NO wallpaper at all

for the record, i have preferred gray since i can remember

[colors are dull and boring, in my value judgement]

EDIT - PUPPY SHOULD SHIP WITH WHATEVER COLOUR SCHEME BARRY PICKS

[change the damn thing yerself]

sophiebabi

#61 Post by sophiebabi »

yes i can tell this judgement by your avitar which is dull and boring where as mine is more upfront can see it more clearly

bugman

#62 Post by bugman »

my avatar is a picture of me

i am dull and boring [aspire to be]

i cannot believe i am having this conversation

sophiebabi

#63 Post by sophiebabi »

Yes well like i say the wallpaper should not be dull and boring it should be brightly coloured so that it inspires youngsters to use. If it is dull and boring they are not going to want to use it are they.

What is going to happen about the facebook chat on it is that going to get put on?

WhoDo

#64 Post by WhoDo »

sophiebabi wrote:What is going to happen about the facebook chat on it is that going to get put on?
Well, Sophie dear, it might ... but only if YOU do it! If you don't know how, get Uncle Rob to show you (or do you call him Daddy these days?). The program you need is Pidgin, or AYTTM. Both are available to download and easy to install once you get them.

And please, dear Sophie, do stop teasing the people on this forum. We are NOT your mum, or Rob, and you and I both know that you are bit too old for nappies or training pants, so could you please try and be a little bit more grown up and learn to do some of the simpler things for yourself? We'll help you if you'd like, at least until you discover how much fun it can be to play with Puppy. How old are you now, by the way?

Sophie you need to know that Puppy Linux is meant to be a learning experience. We know that means you have to start thinking and acting a bit more grown up but we also know that you won't learn, dear Sophie, if we simply do it all for you! Please tell Rob that "indolence" - look it up in Rob's Oxford dictionary - is certainly not a good thing to be teaching young people. :roll:
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

puppyluvr

#65 Post by puppyluvr »

Wow........

:D Hello,
Bugman, I`m sorry, but Dull and Boring, (same thing?)
you are not...At least not on here!!!
But we can see you are trying...
Good Luck... 8)

@ And, I like your avatar...like you are peering at us through a little window...