Deepthought2 - Puppy-4.2.1 ready for testing

WhoDo

Deepthought2 - Puppy-4.2.1 ready for testing

#1 Post by WhoDo »

I have posted Puppy-4.2.1RC3/Final in the /test directory at ibiblio.org so please feel free to download and test. If there are no true "showstopper" faults it will go final in 24 hours or so.

Some of the issues that have been resolved include printing, especially in Geany, Abiword .docx and font support, CUPS server access, updated MIME-types for ROX, RemaX update, Pwidgets update, and many other minor issues.

HPIJS dynamic support and Liberation fonts have been included in the repository to help resolve some of the issues, including Abiword font substitution in Word documents.

Note: Puppy is always a "work in progress" and no release will ever be "perfect", so please don't neglect testing because a new release is on the drawing board. That is still in Alpha, about to go Beta, and a long way from Final at the moment. The 4.x series will continue to be supported, as have 3.x and 2.x in various forms. At the moment there are new 2.x and 3.x CE versions in planning. It might be time for a 4.x CE version to arrive. Barry has refreshed the 4.x base with a complete T2 rebuild (ppup) and that could be the basis for a 4.x CE version. Just a thought on departing as Coordinator for Puppy 4.2x.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

James C

#2 Post by James C »

Posting from it right now, running live.

Thanks for all you do for Puppy.......some of us appreciate all of your hard work and dedication.

Now for a bit of testing............

sasaqqdan

Re: Deepthought2 - Puppy-4.2.1 ready for testing

#3 Post by sasaqqdan »

Nice! WhoDo!
Please replace new initrd.gz/init and /usr/local/bin/drive_all.
Then Deepthought2 support Chinese Japanese or Korean very well.
Attachments
drive_all.tar.gz
drive_all supported ntfs and vfat (for chinese japanese or Korean)
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 1338 times

gabe

#4 Post by gabe »

Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop here, but what IS the username and password? Or were we supposed to have requested that privately or become a part of the testing program beforehand?

Sorry if this has already been answered [numerous times] in my absence.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#5 Post by Béèm »

gabe wrote:Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop here, but what IS the username and password? Or were we supposed to have requested that privately or become a part of the testing program beforehand?

Sorry if this has already been answered [numerous times] in my absence.
puppy and linux
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

DaveS

#6 Post by DaveS »

I was unable to make my Broadcom wifi automatically log on each boot, but installed .pet by Tempestuous from here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=270 which cured it totally. CUPS is good and integrating well but the hpjisdynamic .pet from the package manager is corrupt again and refuses to install. Installed it locally from my hard drive from a previously saved copy and it works flawlessly. No other problems that I have found so far. Abiword is much better with .doc files, which is very welcome. JWM seems a little slow to load, but works fine as ever. I feel Parcellite should be running in the tray by default as it is SO useful, but it is easy enough to load. All good so far...................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!