Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Dec 2014, 10:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
got a usb driver in dos..but how to post??
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
cjayadevan

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec 2005, 13:11    Post_subject:  got a usb driver in dos..but how to post??  

hello friends there,
i got a usb dos driver, which finds ALL of my usb devices from the floppy drive and it is able to assign the drive letters and find the files on the live cd s too. but i dont know how to boot from there even if the destination point is found. i need some help on this.anyone there to solve this? that is how to boot puppy from dos mode when the live cd is located in the usb cd drive, and the system is able to find the files on it. do i need to add a bootrecord on the cd or watever..
well i am attaching both versions of the image. one is compatible with winzip and the other shall be rawrite. pals, have a look on this and post ur valuble comments and help reports in the forum. Arrow
oops i cant..the forum doesnt allow me to upload a file more than max of 1 mb..so how can i post that?
advice needed..
jay
pakt

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec 2005, 14:02    Post_subject:  

Have you tried the WakePup floppy? That will let you boot a Puppy CD from a USB CD-ROM drive.

The link for info and download is here: http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=3875

EDIT: I should mention that if you boot Puppy from a USB CD-ROM, Puppy's startup script won't find usr_cram.fs because the script doesn't look for it on /dev/sda1, only on /dev/hdc IIRC.

To get around that problem, you need to copy usr_cram.fs to the hard disk. Then the script will find it.

Perhaps someone can hack the startup script so it will look for usr_cram.fs on /dev/sda1? Smile

Edited_time_total

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec 2005, 15:19    Post_subject:  

You might find a place to upload your file here.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum