Ayttm version 0.6.3

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
edoc

#31 Post by edoc »

Two Questions Please?

1. Is the IRC Host automatically "irc.freenode.net" or do we need to enter something special for Google Talk?

2. We cannot find a place to turn on SSL.

We are obviously new to all of this! :-)
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Michalis

#32 Post by Michalis »

edoc wrote:Any target date for that "next release", please?
Sorry, don't know about that yet.

edoc wrote:We are obviously new to all of this! :)
I don't know that also because I don't use Google talk and so I can't test it myself.
But according to the directions you have to do the next:
1. Go to Edit-> Add or delete accounts
Write your username (Screen Name), your password of the google account, then choose as service type jabber and click add

2. Next go to Edit-> Edit accounts
Select your jabber account and as "Connect Server" write "talk.google.com", as "port" put the number "5223" and at the end tick the "Use SSL".

I don't know what's the difference between selecting "Port" and ticking "Use SSL" and selecting "SSL Port", maybe you'll have to type "5223" in "SSL Port" in order to work.

That's must be and after those steps you must be able to connect to G.Talk

Michalis

update to version 0.6.2-1

#33 Post by Michalis »

Ayttm updated to version 0.6.2-1

This version fixes the problem with ayttm not launching if selected language other than english.

also new to version 0.6.2:
* Reworked chat window look and also under the hood. The code is much cleaner as a result
* Clean up the chat notifications (Buddy arrive,, leave, etc.)
* IRC kick. Go kick your buddy now
* expat security fixes (CVE-2009-3560 CVE-2009-3720)
* Yahoo Buzz
* Yahoo address book fixes
* Fixed multiple buffer overflows and crashes in MSN and Yahoo
* Enchat/hunspell support for spell check. This replaces aspell

walter leonardo

hello

#34 Post by walter leonardo »

hello
No suported utf8.
Bug.
:D

oui

#35 Post by oui »

Hi

I did use today Ayttm from Quirky 1.1. My friend use Ubuntu yet a long time without disturb.

But I did have two disturbs:

a - all my messages did appear twice time
b - a dictionary did sometimes propose to me long words after only 2..4 entered letters, but did also refuse to write different words at all especially French words beginning with "re" and this more after the use of an ' sign in the last pair of words (like in "j'ai recommencé etc...")

I did look here http://ayttm.sourceforge.net/ayttm-manual/ if I find what is the matter with dictionaries in Ayttm but at the first look there is no information concerning "Alternate dictionary" (which kind of dictionaries, download, installation way etc.) and fast change of that if you are chatting with different buddies speaking different languages or receiving a not really expected message in a different language as the language of the dictionary you did enter.

How is knowing a solution?

Bye

dam973

!!!

#36 Post by dam973 »

Never been able to use ayttm , whatever version i use , it crashes when i connect to msn !!! It gives me nothing but esoteric explanations , i must be missing something , whats gg on?? Somebody got the same pb???I'm running puppy 4.3 with icewm

ferikenagy

help ayttm yahoo

#37 Post by ferikenagy »

I could not connect to Yahoo through ayttm on qurky 1.-,1.1, 1.2 with ayttm 0.6.2-1 12may 2010 it says :

<<Could not connect to Yahoo server. Please verify that you are connected to the net and the pager host and port are correctly entered.>>

it is true i'm conected trough 2 routers, but www.meebo.com works , and on same computer ayttm 0.6.0-9 oct10-2009 on Lucid puppy 5.0 it works (first time ask if accept some autentification signaature from yahoo, but after it works)

I also tried to modify yahoo server from <<cs101.msg.sp1.yahoo.com>> with <<scs.msg.yahoo.com>> from lucid puppy but had no success. I do not know what is the problem why older ayttm works and newer not on same computer, connection

any helpfull ideas?

also "webcam" utility and library are missing from puppy , any sugestion from where to download them to test ayttm with yahoo webcam?

oui

Re: help ayttm yahoo

#38 Post by oui »

hi
ferikenagy wrote:I could not connect to Yahoo through ayttm on qurky 1.-,1.1, 1.2 with ayttm 0.6.2-1 12may 2010 it says :

<<Could not connect to Yahoo server. Please verify that you are connected to the net and the pager host and port are correctly entered.>>
correct

same thing here on my laptop and Quirky. but more: Ayttm requires to upgrade the version!

bye

Michalis

Ayttm updated to version 0.6.3

#39 Post by Michalis »

Ayttm updated to version 0.6.3

This release contains some bug fixes and one very important change. Here is a short summary:

* Yahoo support is now based on the libyahoo2 library. It always was, but earlier we had a copy of libyahoo2 in the source tree. Not anymore. The important thing that changes here is that you'll need the development libraries of libyahoo2 to be able to build ayttm now.
* Fixes to spell check code
* Some code clean up in the module loading section

oui

Re: Ayttm updated to version 0.6.3

#40 Post by oui »

Hi Michalis

How is your message to understand?
Michalis wrote:Ayttm updated to version 0.6.3
Did you really update Ayttm to version 0.6.3 to a new *.pet?

Where is the new *.pet?

Bye

PS: does someone know a easy way to upgrade a package within an existing iso file (for ex. in an existing frugal installation) to avoid to increase the size of the consumption of RAM in memory after start? in the case of ayttm, it is not a problem because ayttm is very small. it is different in case of a big suite as a new version of browser, wine etc....

Makoto

#41 Post by Makoto »

Check the original (first) post on page one of this topic. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

stiginge

#42 Post by stiginge »

I'm using ayttm 0.6.3-1 with the libyahoo2-1.0.1-i386.pet installed also, and don't seem to be able to connect to yahoo chat. My yahoo ayttm settings are captured in the screen grab attached
Attachments
yahoosettings.png
(44.32 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
Buy silver, crash JPMorgan

linuxcbon

#43 Post by linuxcbon »

In wary 5.1.4.1, ayttm 0.6.3-1, in irc, right click in the irc discussion, it shows "getting the latest version" and crashes.

Code: Select all

Ayttm version 0.6.3-1
GTK+ version 2.20.1
Features: enchant
Operating system: Linux 2.6.32-smp (i686)
C Library: GNU libc 2.10.1
Signal: 11
--

Rope

#44 Post by Rope »

I installed the 0.6.3 pet but I get this error
Plugin /usr/lib/ayttm/yahoo2.so has not been loaded because of an error:

libyahoo2.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Also, it does not load from the Menu, I have to use the command.

Where can I find the missing files and fix load?

Thanks.
Puppy Slacko 5.7 frugal
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ : 2109.87MHz
Total Memory : 967356 kB