armel development

This is where threads concerning the development of the next version of Puppy live.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#16 Post by Lobster »

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppiPlan
We only have little legs. We are coming to arm. :wink:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

sickgut

#17 Post by sickgut »

o....m....g....

the standard debian image for the rasp is so shockingly inefficient and bloated with such little functionality that im just speechless....

1.7gb of pure crud, with only like 6 or so functional apps.
How on earth can you actually set out to do this? its not as tho there are any appreciable console tools either... there is nothing, also there wasnt even xterm installed and so the xinit command didnt work as that looks for xterm.

darkcity

#18 Post by darkcity »

how about the Raspbian version, any better? 8)

linux28

#19 Post by linux28 »

new? :?:

ARAN

Porting Puppy to ARM MediaTek Watch Phones

#20 Post by ARAN »

Hi i am in the Proccess of Porting Puppy Linux to my
ARM MediaTek Computer Watch Phone as i am tired of android and its limitation.

I just got recently the Linux Kernel Sources for my Computer Watch Phone and could successfull rebuild the Kernel.

I also downloaded with fossil the needed Puppy Linux sources to create a armel corsscompile Version of Puppy Linux on a x86 Host Mashine with the ubuntu precise packages.

My Question is first of all if the new Kernel that i just compiled need some specific Config Settings for Puppy Linux to run successful and if yes which ones so i can check? I remember some discussion about this kernel config setting related to loading sfs files and such stuff.

Beside this i guess it should be no Problem to build puppy linux with a Kernel Binary Image i guess? Any Tips where to place/replace new vs old one Kernel Binary Images and what the needed step by step instruction with woof are?

If i have success with the compile and run of puppy linux on my armel computer watch phone the next thing i plan and want to do is porting ubuntu touch as user interface to puppy linux woof if possible.

Looking forward to your Replys.
Greetings ARAN

darkcity

#21 Post by darkcity »

greetings, the sub-sub forums don't get much traffic.

How did the porting go?

Not sure I understand the question about the kernel, is it to do with swapping the kernel in a puppy version?

Won't ubuntu touch add a lot of 'bloat' to puppy?

:twisted: