Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 24 Jul 2014, 09:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Whodo/Warren Has left puppy
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 9 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
Author Message
Pizzasgood


Joined: 04 May 2005
Posts: 6270
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jul 2009, 17:42    Post subject:  

Quote:
Once this episode is 'old business'...

I thought it already was. This thread had been growing dusty for nearly a month before you posted. Wink

_________________
Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Hugh


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 136
Location: Imperial Warmongering Dystopia of Amerika

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul 2009, 05:12    Post subject:  

That would seem to indicate that some mending has already
occurred then!

All is well once again in the Kingdom of Puppy.

The End
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10747
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul 2009, 05:22    Post subject:  

Hugh wrote:
That would seem to indicate that some mending has already
occurred then!

All is well once again in the Kingdom of Puppy.

The End


Naaa not really Warren/Whodo isn't back yet, ever since his last post, the only contributions towards puppy that he has done is pm Barry with some icons, well thats all I know of, and if he would be back, I probably would have a list of 200 things that he would of contributed towards puppy. Oh well, I still hope he comes back.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
cb88


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 1169
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 03:24    Post subject:  

I'm not dead!

heh...

and concerning Arch it does "pwn" puppy in some ways namely

the name is cool Smile
has more installable software
has a package build framework (abs/PKGBUILD..etc)
has a powerfull stable and lightweigt package manager
can be installed with a nearly custom package set for low ram (I have used it on a 64mb ram PII... worked fine for the internet till adobe flash loaded up)
recently gained an improved installer
huge informative wiki

....I can go on

puppy pwns at being simple and easy to use at least for the very beginners and intermediate users... and just regular folks and like always to each thier own


well.. sorry to hear warren took leave

chill out guys! and install debian or something... you know contribute some of these mini front end GUIs to the big distros Im sure they would be welcome in Arch ie Pmount MUT Pfind pburn etc.... they really set the distro apart and I kinda miss having handy stuff like that elsewhere

_________________
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10747
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 04:18    Post subject:  

cb88 wrote:
you know contribute some of these mini front end GUIs to the big distros Im sure they would be welcome in Arch ie Pmount MUT Pfind pburn etc.... they really set the distro apart and I kinda miss having handy stuff like that elsewhere


not on your life! That's what makes puppy, Puppy and the community, what did you think you would just pop in here, take the best best puppy has to offer and pissoff back to Arch,lol what Gull.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
4-stroke

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 114
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 04:24    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:

not on your life! That's what makes puppy, Puppy and the community, what did you think you would just pop in here, take the best best puppy has to offer and pissoff back to Arch,lol what Gull.
ttuuxxx


Isn't this what open source is all about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10747
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 04:29    Post subject:  

4-stroke wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:

not on your life! That's what makes puppy, Puppy and the community, what did you think you would just pop in here, take the best best puppy has to offer and pissoff back to Arch,lol what Gull.
ttuuxxx


Isn't this what open source is all about?


It is and it isn't cb88 was a guy that usually displayed attitude, he hasn't showed up in months and the first thing he tries to do is take back the things he misses about puppy. Really I don't have the time of day for people like that, As for puppy being opensource yes it is mostly, other than a couple programs like flash, but If cb88 wanted to, he could just port the programs really without even saying a word, but I just don't like the way he comes here praising another distro and trying to mislead our community, Arch's package manager isn't all that great, its actually in the dpup thread, I packaged it up like a week ago.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
4-stroke

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 114
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 05:03    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:

It is and it isn't cb88 was a guy that usually displayed attitude, he hasn't showed up in months and the first thing he tries to do is take back the things he misses about puppy. Really I don't have the time of day for people like that, As for puppy being opensource yes it is mostly, other than a couple programs like flash, but If cb88 wanted to, he could just port the programs really without even saying a word, but I just don't like the way he comes here praising another distro and trying to mislead our community, Arch's package manager isn't all that great, its actually in the dpup thread, I packaged it up like a week ago.
ttuuxxx


You're taking this way too personal imho. Lighten up a bit. I've seen how much you contribute to Puppy and if it weren't for guys like you, Puppy wouldn't be what it is. You should be proud of what you've accomplished.

I've tried Arch twice and lost half of my hair in the process. If there's anything Puppy can contribute to Arch it would be user-friendliness...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10747
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 05:16    Post subject:  

4-stroke wrote:

You're taking this way too personal imho. Lighten up a bit. I've seen how much you contribute to Puppy and if it weren't for guys like you, Puppy wouldn't be what it is. You should be proud of what you've accomplished.

I've tried Arch twice and lost half of my hair in the process. If there's anything Puppy can contribute to Arch it would be user-friendliness...


Naaa I had it out with him when Barry was in retire mode, But I'm not going back to that again, grrrr.
He's a smart guy, If he wants to build apps like the ones puppy has, he's more than able.
Yes I'm protective of puppy, of course I am, I do a lot of long hours for it, Puppy is puppy, made with a lot of heart, and distros like arch that are rolled new on a regular basis are pretty much cold distro's. I know for sure that they won't won't be supporting older versions like I've been doing to make older pc's users happy.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
sunburnt


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 5009
Location: Arizona, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug 2009, 00:32    Post subject:  

What a shame, I worked with Warren on a CE release, and I like him a lot!
I also talked with Ecomoney a bit without seeing this sort of pettiness.
This reminds me of scuffles going on years ago between members.

I hope whodo returns after a well needed "vacation"... Terry B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ecomoney


Joined: 25 Nov 2005
Posts: 2183
Location: Lincolnshire, England

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2009, 07:01    Post subject:  

For the record, I hope he returns too.

Although I disagree (strongly) with some of his actions/behaviour post 4.2.0 release (and some of my own), I can see past that and acknowledge he is/was a helpful asset generally to the Puppy Linux community.

_________________
Puppy Linux's Mission

Sorry, my server is down atm!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
raffy

Joined: 25 May 2005
Posts: 4759
Location: Manila

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2009, 10:45    Post subject: .  

ecomoney wrote:
For the record, I hope he returns too.

A good period can go a long way towards peace...

_________________
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? Get the sfs (English only).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 9 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0812s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0052s) ][ GZIP on ]