Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:23
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Whodo/Warren Has left puppy
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 3 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
mcewanw

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 07:04    Post subject:  

moogsydodong wrote:
I think all these commotion is a result of prolonged sleep deprivation and probably unhealthy eating habits...

Irritable, irrational, megalomania, split personality

I remember Ecomoney using his deep knowledge of psychiatry to diagnose the mental health faults he perceived in ttuuxxx

So what if ttuuxxx has an insane habit of laughing out loud at his many selfs?

But certainly, I can't help but feel that moogsydodong is onto something. It may not be caused by extreme sleep deprivation or eating too many kangaroos or modern fat trash food, but many of the symptoms described by moogsydodong are said to occur in the sleep deprived or those otherwise leading a life unbalanced or contrary to healthy needs.

Or as AJ puts it, too much ego

tipping the persons involved over the edge perhaps...
sidders

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 07:51    Post subject:  

I agree with moogsydodong.
I suffer from sleep deprivation. I take wine for it, it helps.

Red wine that is. None iof this namby white stuff
jduffy22335

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 08:18    Post subject:  

hondasid wrote:
This kind of in-fighting will result in 4.2.1 being the last Puppy. We're slowing tearing ourselves apart. Why can't we just let bygones be bygones and get back to the task at hand: making Puppy better.

This kind of activity always seems to occur, when people believe they have vested interest in a project (not ownership). When we put time and effort (sometimes money) into a project, we perceive that certain tasking will de-rail the part that we spent all our time on getting things a certain way.

Each of us provides a useful part of development, we just do not always see the other side in any color of green.

Anyway thanks to ALL that contribute.
seeker

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 08:44    Post subject:  

disciple wrote:
Eh?
Did you read the above posts you referred to?
It must be a small gang - Ttuuxxx, Ttuuxxx and Ttuuxxx Smile

You got me there! In the heat of the moment I neglected to paste in the url. It's corrected. And NO I don't mean everyone who posted in that thread. Use your own judgment.
Seriously people, when is this bs going to stop.
Sit Heel Speak

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 12:19    Post subject:  

I'm sorry to see Warren (WhoDo) leave. Warren's 215CE with EZPup was grrrrreat!, a real convincer.

Nevertheless, I don't see Robert (ecomoney) in any serious bad light either. Granted, Robert might have reviewed the temper of his composition, and gentled it down a notch or three, reduced the skull-and-crossbones to a simple frowny-face, before he ran it up the flagpole.

Better yet, he might have modified his own EcoPup himself to give us examples of the collective improvements he desires. But of course, merely stating how it should change, and actually driving the twelve-horse chariot of producing a working Linux distro which features the desired changes, are two different smokes aren't they.

I would be delighted to see Warren return.
PaulBx1

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 16:01    Post subject:  

Ach, humans! Rolling Eyes Wink
davec51

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 17:45    Post subject: My Own Testimony  

I have nothing to say about the playground fights some Puppians seem to delight in. I'm only posting to say that WhoDo was kind and helpful to me on a number of occasions. I'll take this opportunity to thank him.
sidders

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 18:25    Post subject:  

http://www.computerbob.com/wp/helping-victims-become-survivors-part-8.php
James C

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 19:03    Post subject:  

Computer Bob does the same thing on several other Linux forums so that isn't a big surprise.

This ongoing mess should have been taken care of weeks ago before things got completely out of hand.

I personally hope WhoDo reconsiders but either way it is time to move on.....
raffy

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 19:09    Post subject: R  

Re: computerbob's blog - I gave this forum an "R" rating - you have to be a responsible adult to participate meaningfully here (and I guess that holds true for any truly democratic space).
sidders

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 19:17    Post subject:  

I think that this should all stop now. Close this and move on. There are more important things to do. If you want (as Alien Jeff put it) a pissing competition, PM each other or pull each others hair in Facebook (or whatever they do there.

It was amusing to me at first but i'm becoming just a little disapointed.
puppyluvr

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2009, 22:27    Post subject:  

Very Happy Hello,
Alright, look...Rob had a valid point, and he made it..
And made it, and made it, and made it...
At some point, (read carefully people), the intent went from bettering Puppy, to pissing Warren off...
And Warren, for his part, went from trying to defend his actions as "leader", to trying to piss Rob off...
(Sorry to both of you, but...)
Then it was off to the races..
Entertaining and sometimes funny as it was, (come on people, how many helped egg it on, including me??) it has to end..
Personally, I like `em both, and respect their work and effort towards Puppy, each in their own way...
But when anything starts to reflect badly on my beloved Puppy, it must end....GRRRRRRRRRRR

Neither man deserves to be Vilified......

Jay...
ecomoney

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun 2009, 03:13    Post subject:  

Warrens contribution to Puppy as a developer is undeniable, he had my full support during the development of 4.2, and I was happy that Puppy had an experienced successor to take over the reigns gradually throughout BarryK's retirement. From his past work he was the obvious man for the job. However when problems were pointed out, and dissent showed, Warren showed a different side.

I have long experience of using puppy "in the field" as well as a traditional academic background in software design and programming, I use the forum to pass on to developers the views of the "Linux Newbies" who I support, as well as my own ideas for making Puppy better achieve its stated goals. From everything I have ever read/learnt/been told/observed/studied about how software development works, feedback from its non-technical users to its technical developers is the key to making a successful computer program, or technical engineering project, of any kind.

Someone with a co-ordinator/manager/decision maker role for a successful software package would have the ability to take on board feedback about what doesnt work simply as information about where to change and improve the software. It is as much the responsibility of co-ordinators/developers to listen and react to users feedback as it is the users responsibility to provide it. BarryK has always been a great listener as much as he has been a provider of some pretty amazing software.

ComputerBob's interpretation of recent events will no doubt be shared by a great many other observers....this is not the way to encourage non-technical users to give their views/opinions/suggestions and requests for changes to make Puppy Linux even better than it already is. Considering the way WhoDo handled my own requests for changes/bugfixes to Puppy Linux, I must confess I personally breathed a sigh of relief when he announced he was relinquishing the co-ordinator role, although I didnt expect (or push for) this to happen. I dont believe any puppy user/developer should be alarmed by this.

I understand that Puppies Development model (which has obviously worked well) is to have a single person to make the casting vote on what gets included and worked on. I would suggest that whoever this is shares Barrys ability to take on board feedback cooly and calmly as information, as well as his burning desire to create something of use to as many people as possible.

Theres lots of things Im currently getting a great deal of satisfaction from being involved in testing/feedback-wise, including Sidders superb HanSamBen kids educational puppy linux derivitive, as well as a new hard disk installer (a major stumbling for new users).

P.S. With regard the "ego" charge thats been levelled at me, I hope people will bear in mind the difference between my posts here on the forum, and the online promotion of the not-for-profit company I have set up a a mechanism to do my "real-world" Puppy associated work.

Sorry, my server is down atm!
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun 2009, 04:32    Post subject:  

ecomoney wrote:
"real-world" Puppy associated work.

This is the real world, it might be on the internet, but people do the hours at home on their pc's, sure we don't bother peddling it door to door, like you do, but to loosely use "Real world" like this is make believe, let me tell you it isn't! there's a hurt guy with a big heart sitting at home tonight called Warren, probably thinking what a waste of time his efforts were for the past years, when he looks back and reads post like this one and many of the other non-supported post that have been made here. Do You not understand what so ever what your repetitive/constant hounding on the same issues, time and time again have done? Your a sad man, with no empathy who just looks at the bottom line, reminds me of Ebenezer Scrooge. Who's your next victim?, better not be me, or I'll dart to.

Ps in the future report a bug/issue once, on one thread not the same issue on every thread you go to, that really pisses off the developers to read the same blame/shame crap, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. etc etc etc..............................
ttuuxxx

rjbrewer

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun 2009, 04:49    Post subject:  

There's nothing quite like rubbing salt in other peoples wounds; is
there ecomoney?

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Page 3 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to: