acroread ssl error insist to install certificate

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
nishant

acroread ssl error insist to install certificate

#1 Post by nishant »

Hi every one who can able to see this and decide to give me an answer. I am running slacko 5.3.3 using live usb mode. It is running smoothly except one problem which is described here.
1. I am currently using fire fox 12. Nightly with my slacko ,which i downloaded from pet get. It works fine , how ever I need to fill some form for my work ,which require pdf form to be filled . The site from which I need to fill form is offered form only in adobe reader can open such form , I tried evince, epdf viewer but it did not work.
2. i downloaded adobe 9.5.5 -1_i486linux_enu.tar.bz2 and successfully installed it open pdf in adobe reader with some effort. I can not make it my default pdf viewer,as I am not very familiar with puppy system.
3.I tried opening my site .www.sarathi.nic.in 8443 which I used to fill form did not open the form and a ssl error box appear .
4. I tried to install the certificate indicated in the error box as discribed , it was installed by terminal but still it did not open the form.
5.I shutdown and restart ,but no avail .
please help me. as I need to solve it my work depends on this . I can only use adobe 9 and later , but the same error occur res in ubuntu ,too.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Nishant, is this a current computer or an older, dated one?

As far as I can tell, the PDF that opens is NOT an interactive application.

You can download'm sure, assuming their intent. To view....
Starting in Firefox 19, PDF files can be viewed in Firefox without a plugin using the built-in PDF viewer.
Which forms do you need? I could pack'm as a dwnld.
Attachments
ff_imported-certs.jpg
(41.98 KiB) Downloaded 635 times

nishant

#3 Post by nishant »

Hi , semme first of all thank you to stand by, I want to clarify some doubt . I can fill the form using windows 7 and tried three different browsers , ie-8, Google chrome , and fire fox 37 without any problem. It is an interactive form, and if it is current one then it will display application number , and one can fill all the required field . But the problem persisted in Linux based system like Ubuntu and puppy Linux . I want to use it with my slacko so that I do not need windows any more. The image you have posted is ok. if I use default pdf viewer
I can view it too, but it is not of any use to me, as it can not be filled and does not display current application no. The problem is that the site only permits adobe 9 and above to fill that form and I need every day to fill that types of form for my customer.
If you can help me to get rid of the ssl error I will be thankful to you.
About your query , my system is of 2010 buit.
Attachments
capture20252.png
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 624 times

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Evince can do it, not that old, outdated Adobe reader. A Windows box confirmed your sites PDF software is too current.

I've managed with FF 38+, 17+ and 12.. Slacko 5.7 >> Only because I'm not wasting a disk on an outdated OS.

You should probably move up, especially to a current FF build. If not, disable SSL 3.0 in prefs.

When I first visited your site I had to allow a security exception. Perhaps because I'm from the US.

This >> http://gujaratdrivinglicence.com/proced ... icence.php :wink: simply isn't true.

As for the SSL error, it may be because your 5.3.3's using unpatched builds? Who knows..
Slacko Puppy Linux 5.3.3 is an update release of 5.3.1. It has binary compatibility with Slackware-13.37, which simply means that it is a Puppy built with packages from the Slackware, Salix and Slacky repositories.
What I do know is you can right-clk each cert from their home page, then have FF import them via it's advanced encryption tab. Can't remember if it's "servers" or "authorities" you import for, but all you've gotta do is select "import," browse to and select your cert, tick the first two of the three boxes for each and OK your way out.

Code: Select all

wget --no-check-certificate https://www.ncodesolutions.com/repository/ccacert14.der
wget --no-check-certificate https://www.ncodesolutions.com/repository/ncodeca14.der
From here the rest is easy >> FF's "application" tab >> "other" and /usr/bin/evince.

Once opened, I was able to type in each field containing an asterisk.

Still, if your work's important, toss 5.3.3 and move up.
Attachments
gov-site_what-is-this-bs.jpg
(66.92 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
cert_trust-1.jpg
(39.83 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
ff_38.0.5_plus-evince.jpg
(47.33 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

nishant

#5 Post by nishant »

Hi semme first of all apology for my late response as I was at some place for five days where I had no network. Thank you for your response I defiantly look forward to find solution you have suggested . I am bit hurry in now but I will be back in and tell you about my result . I want to say that this problem is only happening with Linux based system not with Windows even on xp using i.e. -6 and Adobe 9 I can fill that form without asking any of the certificate nonsense . I have no problem moving up with latest slacko, but I have the same problem with Ubuntu 15.4 having latest ff 37. I have Ubuntu on separate disk on the same computer. Once again please be with me and thank you for your great effort I will be back soon with the result.

nishant

#6 Post by nishant »

Semme, I have disabled the SSL3.0 with the same result

I tried fetching certificate and have them import using ff , but same result

I tried the code you have provided on terminal , it result in " unable to connect ssl "

I have read one post over google http://www.pither.com/simon/blog/2011/1 ... n-on-linux
I tried that method but I cant under stand simon`s second method to find local issuer certificate can you explain ? as I have no way around. And thank you for your support please guide me.

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

Nishant, those certs are secondary. Acroread can't handle the form your site provides.

Evince can open & edit because I went throught the motions to prove it.

Put 5.7 on a stick and post back when you're all set to go.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

nishant

#8 Post by nishant »

Hi, semme I will try using 5.7 but It will take some more time as I have difficulty to set up printer and all this . I will return soon.

Semme

#9 Post by Semme »

Do you think you'll be able to post more than once a day?

I *may* have a down'n dirty fix for your system later this morning..

==

Here it is..

Go into /usr/bin and check for the existence of an evince script.

If there, you wanna rename it to evince_old because it launches ePDF. This doesn't work with your site.

Instead, go into PPM, install Evince with all it's dependencies and make sure it runs.

Export your FF bkmrks, then run this..

It's going to save your current setup while allowing FF a brand new first run.

mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla_old
When you again launch FF, it's starting with everything clean.

Import your bkmrks.

==

Now when you go here for the first time again, you "understand the risks", hit the "add exception" button and confirm the security exception.

When you go to the licence application, FF's gonna ask what to open it with.. Hit the dropdown and choose other. Go and choose /usr/bin/evince.

With the exception of the "Name of the RTO/DTO" field, this method worked without those certs.

What I'll do is run a quick openssl check and get back..

==

OK, here's my impression..

The two wget certs I linked above?

Stick'm in /etc/ssl/certs then run this:

c_rehash
Now go try.

If she still don't fly, I have a modified procedure or two for this last bit.

nishant

#10 Post by nishant »

Semme , I am sorry I don't have huge resources , I worked three hours a day on my computer and then I have to work something else , you might not understand the situation we have to face in living with developing country like India we have many facilities but not for every one, so cant post more post in a day ,I had to find time and it is the only when I have on my computer , with doing my work and post ,and at the same time do alteration ,you suggested , so please bear with me, can you? mean while I struck with new problem , I inserted my usb on someones laptop , it didn't run , got error like " -no-default-or-ui-configuration-directive-found " then I tried running it on my computer the same massage display I don't want to start it over again as it take so much time to setting up every thing . Now what should I do to get back on my slacko I am crippled now , can you suggest any thing ,I am so ashamed that I can not keep it with you , please help me and be with me . Thanks once again .

Semme

#11 Post by Semme »

Relax Nishant, there's nothing to be ashamed about.. It's *only* a machine. :):wink:

Now, do you have access to a computer that can both "burn and boot" an ISO image?

When you put Pup on USB, was it installed to use the entire stick?

Meaning.. No save file.

==

OK, here we go. These sound like what you'll need..

http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/syslinux- ... r-fix.html

http://techat-jack.blogspot.com/2011/04 ... ation.html

http://askubuntu.com/questions/329704/s ... tive-found

nishant

#12 Post by nishant »

HI, Semme, thanks once again,

about your question yes I have this facility, I already have slacko 5.3.3 on

my cd which I have burn for future use ,if any thing goes wrong I can use it

it does not contain any thing that I have downloaded , only the fresh os ,only

does it help me ?

As about your second question , I have saved my session on the same usb I think it use partition on the same disk I am not sure.

I have read the links and did the first and third link method suggested ,but fail

to start ,the same error.

then I type " mboot. c32 -c boot.cfg " suggested on the third link , no result.

I have printer pet file, ff, wine and some other stuff on that usb if by any

method I can use it once again it wiil be easy for me. Although I have the

Image (ISO) but I have to start it from the fresh .So if any method you

suggest I will follow it.

I have attached my usb files I tried my best to make it understand by you If you can now help me. The folder syslinux is created and the other two files were put in side it ,as suggested by the method .
Attachments
Untitled.png
(184.38 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

Semme

#13 Post by Semme »

Which program was used to create your multi-boot stick?

Let's see the contents of that syslinux folder..

nishant

#14 Post by nishant »

Hi semme, we have internet black out for last five days due to violence in my state so I was not able to perform any thing on my system by the way during this days I was able to start back my old saving files and my system works fine as usual once again . Now I am going to try the methods you described . I will be back soon. If that not work I will let you know about my progress. By the way can you suggest me to bypass the security warning that acroread showed ,I mean is there any way that acroread will not ask to install the certificate. As I can not fill the form with RTO/DTO field left open , and it has to be the application number displayed , without which I can not submit it.

The root of the problem is actually the web site that is in favored of Windows and Acrobat It not let any one to use other PDF program such as Evince or any other program that is capable of filling form.

Semme

#15 Post by Semme »

Nishant, give'm a call and ask for someone with technical knowledge. That "RTO/DTO" field is a Linux deal-breaker.

nishant

#16 Post by nishant »

Hi, semme, You are right , the culprit is actually the web site , I have already inform about the problem I faced on Linux platform , in the starting of the problem. But as you know the website is a government organisation and like all of them are notorious for their non helping nature , any way I am trying to solve it by the various method described by you and on the other people on internet . By the way thanks to take deep interest in my problem , if I will find any solution to the problem I will post it .