Browserlinux 77 Mb puplet with Firefox 3.5.7

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jamalexa

#91 Post by jamalexa »

Strange, I can sign in to Eldy but the browser will not run?

jemimah

#92 Post by jemimah »

I've made an EeePc version of BrowserLinux. Check it out here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=50127

Shep

#93 Post by Shep »

Burnt the CD and booted. Looked fine, but trying to dialup got
error message missing libwvutils.so,3.7

So I went back and booted to my puppy 4.1 and found two
directories where this file, and a couple more libwv*, are
located. So I copied libwv* from /usr/lib in puppy 4.1 across
to /usr/lib location in BrowserLinux. Now BrowserLinux dialled
up okay, and connected at 48000 with no complaint, but by
the time I brought up the browser the connection had
been dropped. :cry:

Tried twice, same thing both times. Obviously BrowserLinux
doesn't cater for dialup,
to save others the time and trouble of
trying it only to discover that for themselves..

earlytv

#94 Post by earlytv »

I got the Browserpuppy I use a while back. How to tell what ver. I have? I see its now browserlinux?
I use it from USB stick on old WYSE systems. Ram can be as low as 64meg, nothing works on that, 128, 256, 512meg.
From usb fine and frugal install on non standard flash IDE works.

I just tried Browserlinux 353? It locks up at 1st firefox start up while trying to download data for startup screen. This has meant on other puppy that 128meg ram not enough ram? Does your new VER need more ram?

All I wanted to do on the wyse was surf the net while having a net radio station playing.

Micro is GX1 at 300mhz. Ram 64 to 512meg, fixed. Flash IDE 32 to 512meg, upgrade possible. S30, S50, S90 VER

Other puppy the sound breaks up bad while I surf net but Browserpuppy
sound very stable. Older pups like 2.17 no sound ever, alsa ver. to old. Other pups dont like only 128meg ram and crash if web site has too much going on.

Newest ver of WYSE super small systems, paperback book size of 1.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 inch, cost $300.00 and up but use 1gig via micro and a VX855 chip with up to 2gig flash drive and 2gig ddr2 ram and they fly.
C30LE, C90LE, C90LEW ver.
Retired from GM, a Etech on engine electronics
Like to play with older computers and TVs

DENNIS

timremy

#95 Post by timremy »

hello

i am trying 362 and it is great.

pwireless works and really you people

have a great idea behind browserlinux 362.

timremy

tubby

#96 Post by tubby »

Hi and thanks for this release, i have installed it as a full install on a Toshiba laptop and it connected at boot via the inbuilt wireless first time, only old kernels would find the wireless module in this computer until now.
One irritation i have found is the wpa_cli -i status carries on scanning, i am not sure if this is because my network is an open one and does not need wpa or it is a bug.

tubby

richard.a

#97 Post by richard.a »

earlytv wrote:I got the Browserpuppy I use a while back. How to tell what ver. I have? I see its now browserlinux?
I use it from USB stick on old WYSE systems. Ram can be as low as 64meg, nothing works on that, 128, 256, 512meg.
From usb fine and frugal install on non standard flash IDE works.

I just tried Browserlinux 353? It locks up at 1st firefox start up while trying to download data for startup screen. This has meant on other puppy that 128meg ram not enough ram? Does your new VER need more ram?

All I wanted to do on the wyse was surf the net while having a net radio station playing.

Micro is GX1 at 300mhz. Ram 64 to 512meg, fixed. Flash IDE 32 to 512meg, upgrade possible. S30, S50, S90 VER

Other puppy the sound breaks up bad while I surf net but Browserpuppy
sound very stable. Older pups like 2.17 no sound ever, alsa ver. to old. Other pups dont like only 128meg ram and crash if web site has too much going on.

Newest ver of WYSE super small systems, paperback book size of 1.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 inch, cost $300.00 and up but use 1gig via micro and a VX855 chip with up to 2gig flash drive and 2gig ddr2 ram and they fly.
C30LE, C90LE, C90LEW ver.
the standard puppy has the version number in /etc/puppyversion (or some such filename in /etc)

The ver 4 beta I'm using right this moment is missing this file so maybe it was compiled without it.

Version 4 beta uses puppylinux 5.11 and this one uses kernel 2.6.33.2.

on the ice-wm taskbar (which I prefer because it makes more sense than the jwm for looking for apps to run, if you click on thje 3rd from then right on the taskbar "Personal storage" it will open the drives space image called PartView which has been modified in MijnPup to also show the puppy version and kernel details as well as drives space.

Hope this helps you.

Richard.a
in Adelaide
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]