Radeon HD 4350 HDMI

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
klabacita

Radeon HD 4350 HDMI

#1 Post by klabacita »

Hi guys.

I got a project to display the company data into one HD TV, I want to use HDMI, but my hw is a thing client neoware.

This is my machine with puppy, but the resolution is not to good, I want to see if with a HDMI video card can give better image or use the whole widescreen .

The neoware have 1 PCI slot free, them googling around some one point this card:

Radeon HD 4350, I have seen some post that say that puppy run on this card but with some issues.

My questions is, I need PCI video card with HDMI output, exist here someone with something like and working?

Using latest version of puppy. :?:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Based on my experience with HDMI and Puppy, my wild guess is that the HDMI will work for the video but not for the audio, in Puppy. I have two different Gigabyte motherboards with on-board HDMI output. Puppy automatically uses the HDMI for video in both motherboards, but I've not found a way to get Puppy to also put the audio through the HDMI of either motherboard.

So if your monitor has built-in speakers that get their audio through the HDMI cable, you may be out of luck. If on the other hand you intend to use the HDMI cable only for video, and the Line out jack of your computer to power separate speakers, that should be doable in Puppy without much trouble.

klabacita

#3 Post by klabacita »

Hi Flash.

Appreciate your input, 1 thing for me is that I don't need to use audio just video.

Thanks again :D

klabacita

#4 Post by klabacita »

I have search on newegg and I found this chips:

Ge Force 8400GS
Ge Force GT 520
Radeon HD 5450
Ge Force GT 430
Radeon HD 4350
Radeon HD 5450

Does some here have this one working with the HDMI don't need the sound.

Thanks for your time!!!