Just and Idea but a Defualt Program screen?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Alucard_the_dex

Just and Idea but a Defualt Program screen?

#1 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Maybe a Screen to choose what programs you have defualt for everything? Idk If puppy already has one but if so mind telling me where it is? Its getting abit repetive having to jump from program to program and change defualt programs like open Mpegs in Gxine and Bitmaps in Mtpaint and well you get the idea.
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

jcagle

#2 Post by jcagle »

Go into rox and find the file you want to open. Right click it. A menu will show up, and you go to file -> Set Run Action. You can put in the program you want to run, and when you click it in Rox from now on, it runs.

I think this is what you're talking about.

Alucard_the_dex

#3 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Indeed it is but Im looking for a one stop shop idea. Basicaly it would have a list of file Types and to the right of them a List of programs aligned up to each one with drop down menus to choose a program from a list instead of Finding each file type and searching for the right program file to drop on it. Plus if you dont have a file type on yruo computer yet you already have a program you prefer set for it befor you download one. Just a thought.

Alucard_the_dex

#4 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Ok Another Idea that would rock to go with that is a Icon Setter? Idk if theres a program out there like my idea but if so PM me with a pup of it lol.

It would be the basic same idea A list of file formats and to the right a list of what icons are dedicated to each. Simple and would make mass icon changes easy :o lol