Problems with Ethernet in HP Mini 1000

NightBlaze

Problems with Ethernet in HP Mini 1000

#1 Post by NightBlaze »

Hi there, well I'm a newbie in Puppy Linux, and a kind of 'new-middle in Linux in general", well, I installed a puppie for second time. The first time I installed de 5.2.x (I don't remember exactly), and now I installed MacPup 5.2.8, and it works pretty well, the only error that I could watch was that it didn't detec my Ethernet connection, my netbook is a HP Mini 1000, it use Marvell Yukon 2 Gbits (I'm not sure that if it is that exactly, sorry, I didn't noted it and I'm not using my netbook.

The process that I did was: Click on the Desktop (It make appears the menu), then 'Setup', finally "Network Setup Wizard", then I select the second option, that is the the 'Advanced Wizard' (Compared with the Simple Wizard), I selected eth0, Test the conection, clicked Auto DHCP, and then in "Done", but the network isn't working anyway.

It's a frugal installation in the Hard Drive.

Also, I read about a special puppie called "Fruppy" or "Fluppy", but I actually don't want to download again a iso image, I get to much problems with downloads, well, if it's the unique solution I'll do it. But if you can I will thank you a different solution.

Greetings.

PS: Sorry for my poor english :roll:

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

what do you get if put the following line into the terminal

ifconfig -a

? Arrow