You2pup works (June 2016) YouTube downloader

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
trio

#46 Post by trio »

eztuxer,

I tried the youtube video provided in the link you gave. It downloads OK! so, it must be your internet connection.
Attachments
guitar.jpg
(41.27 KiB) Downloaded 1411 times

panzerpuppy

#47 Post by panzerpuppy »

@trio: Could you add an option for downloading higher quality videos - HQ and HD (by appending extra strings to the URL)?

Also, an option to select between FLV and MP4 would be great :)

eztuxer

#48 Post by eztuxer »

The slow connexion is a drag.
Thanks anyway.
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

mikeb

#49 Post by mikeb »

How would a slow connection affect downloading...I've done this stuff on dial up?

curious

mike

trio

#50 Post by trio »

panzerpuppy

No, I don't think I will make any changes soon, I already provide you2pup with convert function (which you can choose variable formats, including audio), one of which is to flv format

eztuxer & mikeb

What I meant was, eztuxer maybe only have to be a little bit patient and wait longer with your slow connection

sc0ttman

I find it useful.. Thanks.

#51 Post by sc0ttman »

trio wrote:I always think to make puppy easier for newbies, and non-technical users, that is to create GUIs. So, maybe somebody will see this useful
These small GUIs should come as standard - keep up the good work.

eep803

#52 Post by eep803 »

Hi, I love the idea of this app but when I run it I get "Finding hostname" for ages then "Cannot connect to remote host ...".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but would love to get this program running.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

dawg

#53 Post by dawg »

Bug: if the vid ID begins with a dash, it won't download. (e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=-sulDYYAiCU)
Cool & useful app otherwise, thanks.

Kenhelm

#54 Post by Kenhelm »

Bug: if the vid ID begins with a dash, it won't download. (e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=-sulDYYAiCU)
The '-sulDYYAiCU' is being mistaken for an option by 'getopts' in the script /usr/sbin/youtube.sh.
In the Puppy 4.3.1 I'm using this can be stopped by adding '--' to a line in another script, /usr/local/you2pup/func.
The '--' tells 'getopts' that the end of the options has been reached so that any '-' after that is treated as a literal character instead of the start of another option.

Code: Select all

# In /usr/local/you2pup/func
# Original line:
exec rxvt -title "$@" -e youtube.sh -f "$DIRECTORY"/"$FILE" "$VIDEO"

# Modified line:
exec rxvt -title "$@" -e youtube.sh -f "$DIRECTORY"/"$FILE" -- "$VIDEO"

trio

#55 Post by trio »

KenHelm

Cool, thanks!!

trio

#56 Post by trio »

updated to version 1.3-2 - see main post

hladik

Ambiguous Redirect?

#57 Post by hladik »

trio wrote:thanks Kenny,

Glad you like it. Puppy is for young and old I guess :lol:
Trio,

Nifty app, but I'm trying it, and I get an "ambiguous redirect" msg. Solution?

I'm running Puppy 3.01 Retro on an old Compaq laptop.

Thanks in advance

trio

Re: Ambiguous Redirect?

#58 Post by trio »

hladik wrote: Trio,

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I can't help if you don't give detail about "ambiguous redirect" msg. I don't understand. I use this app on regular basis, and never have problem.

regards, trio

hladik

Re: Ambiguous Redirect?

#59 Post by hladik »

trio wrote:
hladik wrote: Trio,

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I can't help if you don't give detail about "ambiguous redirect" msg. I don't understand. I use this app on regular basis, and never have problem.

regards, trio
It's after I paste in the video url and hit download...then a terminal window opens displaying some information ending with "ambiguous redirect" and the terminal then closes before I can copy the entire text.

Does this help?

Thanks.

trio

#60 Post by trio »

Try another http / url

Leon

Re: You2pup-1.3-2 - YouTube MP4 downloader GUI

#61 Post by Leon »

trio wrote:Version 1.3-2
trio,

When all attempts to download a video by using all other ways failed I tried your You2pup and it has done the job without any problem.

Many thanks!

trio

#62 Post by trio »

Leon,

You are welcome. Users like you, make devs feel happy. Puppy is free, but the efforts cost devs time and energy, sometimes personal values. But it's all worth the effort when puppy users are happy. My time is very limited now, that's why my lastest release (wbarcc) has a big time gap with the last one before it. But I never really leave puppym

Cheers

zandarian

#63 Post by zandarian »

Hello: I've tried several times the You2pup that comes with the last Puppy Linux (v. 4.3.1). Its version is 1.3-1. The terminal opens but after 2 or 3 lines closes (it doesn't do all shown in rxvt.jpg, image of first page of this post). It creates .mp4 files of 88 B that don't work. The videos I've tried don't start with dash, so I shouldn't need the last version, 1.3-2. Or do I? Does 1.3-2 have more improvements apart from the dash issue? Thanks

abushcrafter

#64 Post by abushcrafter »

zandarian wrote:Hello: I've tried several times the You2pup that comes with the last Puppy Linux (v. 4.3.1). Its version is 1.3-1. The terminal opens but after 2 or 3 lines closes (it doesn't do all shown in rxvt.jpg, image of first page of this post). It creates .mp4 files of 88 B that don't work. The videos I've tried don't start with dash, so I shouldn't need the last version, 1.3-2. Or do I? Does 1.3-2 have more improvements apart from the dash issue? Thanks
Yes.

zandarian

#65 Post by zandarian »

Thank you, abushcrafter. I've upgraded to v.1.3-2 with same results. More info: if I click on the 88 B mp4 files that create gxine 0.5.9 opens with a message that says: "Error from the xine engine. The xine engine failed to start. No demuxer found - stream format not recognized".