Fatdog2 64bit alpha1

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
kirk

#91 Post by kirk »

Just an update. I haven't given up yet, but I have given up on getting lzma compression working with squashfs 4.0. I've tried the patches that were posted on the squashfs mailing list with 2.6.32.8 and I've tried downloading Linus's git tree and pulling the squashfs tree into it. Both ways have the same problem, intermittent squashfs errors. Sometimes you can boot and all is well, other times X won't start and you'll see lots of errors like Squashfs error can't read directory block, or can't read inode. If I compile without the lzma patches all is well or if I use 2.6.28.10 with the squashfs 3.4 lzma patches, all is well. I've tried the new mksquashfs with lzma compression and with gzip compression, and I've tried the normal mksquashfs for 4.0. No help. Google searches don't seem to turn up anything similar, so ether there's not many out there using this yet or maybe it has something to due with 64bit. Probably most who compile everything 64bit aren't real interested in lzma compression.

Anyway I'm using 2.6.33 right now. Just a note for anyone compiling 2.6.33, make sure you set CFG80211_WEXT=y in your config or wireless won't work. This is a new option for 2.6.33. I've still got some wireless problems to sort out, with 2.6.28.10 iwconfig would show my zd1211rw as up and ready to configure, Pwireless could set it up, but with 2.6.33 or 2.6.32.8, Pwireless won't work, but the network wizard does. I'll have to see what the network wizard is doing to bring it up. Maybe there's another new kernel config I'm missing or maybe the driver has just changed.

I'd still like to find a patch to get Abiword to compile with gcc 4.4.3, or if not maybe I can find a binary that works well. Abiword from alpha1 doesn't render correctly, probably due to GTK changes. Hopefully I'll have something decent to upload next week.

3speed

busy box new kernel

#92 Post by 3speed »

I really think this not loading the modules like you want from the init is a busy box failure or some sym-links not loading the stuff in to the ram0.
so it can load the correct modules before the scripts take it.
dump off in to the next level. the modules are not being loaded. this is the big probplem. I believe this is a udev problem Why ( because the initrid is not mounting the pupnew into a loop. It does not have the ability to mount fs -type

Major complaint it does not recognize the format . This is a busy box failure to load and link to the fd-200.sfs and but not sure.
all my full installs have done well but then build to boot and run in ram
like a cdrom it fails just like yours.

able to see all the squashfs and mount them. But when I make it drop to console to see the complete system run before linking to your squashfs . and Busy box is linked but I found many of the commands just did not work.

The sfs convereter script works well

Any way uppdated the gcc and have been recompiling a complete fd-200 x86_64 pet mirror for 64 bit wolf builds.
fd-200 has way to many 32bit binaries in it.
Do not know how they got in your build. but I was amazed.

seems they will look like scripts do to icon set.
This is a must for the 'nv" xorg config
"Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
This is a Firefox Mozilla thing with "nv".
fixes your render on compressed webs pages . like Slackware slackbuild.

Going to finish a wolf Karmic build I hope before Bike season.
Then I will have to go back to my real work building bikes for a living on campus.
Been Riding my 1952 English Raleigh roadster this winter.
Goes right by those new bicycle froze up in the snow.

But since I live a block and a half from
The National Center for Supercomputing most of my customers get custom puppy's for learning linux on they're win-slows machines.

149 packages built about 70 more to go. Got Pet?
lol.

one gear at a time 3speed.

3speed

opera flash

#93 Post by 3speed »

I found that it was missing open
openssl-solibs
then and the netscape solib like slackware does for seamonkey and mozilla.
seamonkey-solibs
I added them after I read up on what dependency flash needed.
the flash fd-200-64 has is in /usr/lib64/firefox-3.51/plugins.
Opera knows to look there but that firefox set up fd-200 has will allow
it to run flash inside it self.

took me some reading a while back to figure it out.
up graded from slackware64-current repo with slackpkg installed
firefox 3.5.6 and seamonkey you will get everything. then I used sbopkg to install opera worked great.
I did this after I had made pets but wanted to see how pkgtools worked and sbopkg plus slackpkg.

I would not advise doing this . But it was fun to change the sripts to have sbo build pets.
Most of the stuff is there it is just missing the links. look for the links before installing.