slack-e17

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
pri

slack-e17

#1 Post by pri »

long time playing with slax, and found many application can run in puppy.

this is enlightenment slack-e17, a big e17 because have many theme and module.

the size is 139mb

download link :

http://www.silverdollarsolutions.com/Pu ... ck-e17.sfs
http://rapidshare.com/files/417249277/S ... 7.sfs.html

mount it and reboot

tested using 431, and will modified .xinitrc, so backup it first.
Last edited by pri on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
Learning by Doing

its-me-again

ok

#2 Post by its-me-again »

this is a good job. i might try it some time

what puppy linux os's did you test it on its good to try 431, quirky adn puppy 5 and let us know

there ws a good version of e17 use in macpup opera 2 not sure if it was the slax version. ask the devs from there what they used. it maybe a lighter version. not sure. then you could do an update for it if it was a different version ussed.

pri

thk

#3 Post by pri »

ok, edited
Learning by Doing

runtt21

#4 Post by runtt21 »

This is a old version of E. The .042 snapshot was released in January of '08.It's going to have problems with newer themes.

pri

#5 Post by pri »

thks for info runtt21 :D

mybe next time you upload the new sfs e17 :wink:
Learning by Doing

runtt21

#6 Post by runtt21 »

No, all my work goes into macpup. Right now I have my hands full getting the "alpha" snapshot to stabilize. All of the snaps from .063 up have had problems in puppy linux. It's getting harder to compile e successfully .

01micko

#7 Post by 01micko »

Hi everybody

NOTE: there are a couple of downloads... things have evolved. The main script (0.3) is the same, but the extra script had some bad bugs, now fixed, I have separated them into 2 tarballs now, so if you want to build modules, you'll need to grab the secondary tarball too.
There is also an issue with packages later in the loop depending on packages earlier in the loop. RECOMMENDATION: Either install or use Paco. (DESTDIR will fail, unless e is installed.. (well some of it :wink: ))

I haven't played with e for awhile but the other day I stumbled accross the e17 SVN site, just browsing around. There is a script there that claims to install e17 so I had to check it out. Naturally enough it failed, but it wasn't too hard to get going and also naturally enough hack to please myself! :lol:

e17 SVN http://svn.enlightenment.org/

Now, I used this script in lupu-511, but there is no reason it wont work in most later puppies as long as dependencies are met, they are listed on the site, I check ed with pfind and grabbed what I needed, only a few were missing. Most importantly, grab libs that are compatible with your puppy compatible distro.. that is Lupu use Lucid libraries, Spup, slackware and so forth.

The only issue I can think of is that in another puppy the execs config.sub and config.guess may be at a different location on your system. In lupu they at /usr/share/misc.. if they are not there in your puppy you will have to find them and copy adjust the script to copy them to ../trunk. Now this is a dirty hack and I'll come up with something better one day.

Be aware that stuff out of SVN is not compressed so it is around an 800meg download :shock: :lol: , but you get everything and can make a cool e17 desktop. Should go without saying that you need devx installed.

I have also included a script that compiles the various modules, most work too, except that gadman is crashing :cry: so desktop gadgets don't work, they did for me briefly but now wont at all. I suspect there is a crook lib somewhere, will investigate. Still, most of the gadgets in panels work. I also compiled a couple of themes, nothing automated about that! I'm not providing packages here, it is just a demo of the power of scripting, and a neat way to grab e :D

Most of the "help" is in the scripts, read the comments.

Installation to DESTDIR is supported as new2dir segfaults 'make' in lupu (gotta fix that one day :o ). Also installation via Paco (http://paco.sourceforge.net/ , also see my 'dev tools' link in sig) which is a very handy packaging tool found by aragon, I use it almost exclusively, but I have tested this script with a system install (make install) and DESTDIR
(make install DESTDIR=/whatever/directory ). BTW, I compiled Paco in Lupu.

Not much more to say except try it if you're game, you don't need a great deal of tech expertise (I haven't got much :lol: ) for the script to work, at least in Lupu.

Here's the code, but I'm attaching a tarball.

NOTE: The main script is designed to be run in situ outside your pupsave on a partition or in a dir on a partition. You could run it in any dir in a full install as long as you have the space, I recommend at least 1.5gig.

USE AT OWN RISK :D

Enjoy!

Cheers

CODE REMOVED.. grab the tarball

changelog
v-0.2 there was a bug with paco installation, I have now tested with all 5 possibilities, 3 with paco installed, 2 without, fresh installs.
v-0.2-1... the same except the 'extra' script is now separate.
v-0.3 better logging, unresolved bug (and probably never will be) with DESTDIR, some of the packages depend on the packages compiled to be installed, may come up with a work-around
Attachments
build_e17_extras-0.1.tar.gz
this is mainly for building modules, the logging is improved as well as some bad bugs fixed
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
grab-e17-0.3.tar.gz
this is the main script
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
e-lupu.png
(122.05 KiB) Downloaded 3509 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access