Sourceforge has a GUI-based printer utility called 'pup'

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
syzygy

Sourceforge has a GUI-based printer utility called 'pup'

#1 Post by syzygy »

i don't have a printer myself, but have seen several posts about printer support with puppy. came across this link, http://pup.sourceforge.net/

i downloaded the binary & it runs & looks snazzy. not having a printer, let alone one that supports PJL, can't tell if is any good!

Pup is a GUI utility for maintaining your printer under Linux or other operating systems that support Gtk+, Zlib, and GNU C. Currently it supports the Lexmark Optra Color 40 , 45 , E310, and HP 2100M, 4000, and LJ4 Plus printers. If your computer is configured for printer read back, Pup additionally supports all other PJL printers (or partially, depending on the printer).

The services Pup provides are ink cartridge maintenance/replacement (Lexmark Optra Color 40/45 only), printing of various test and configuration pages, querying of the printer's settings and status, and setting of the printer's defaults. Want to print a photo on the highest quality settings? No problem! Use Pup to set the printer's paper type, color correction, and print quality before printing the photo.

if you check your printer at linuxprinting.org they specify if PJL is supported. Does anyone, with supported printer, wanna give it a spin & see if it's a goer?

cheers