Success porting Openshot video editor to puppy.

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
aarf

#31 Post by aarf »

success in importing and playing mp4 with a new try on new 256MB pupsave with your standard attached pets.
also attached console outputs.
removal of the (') from
# 'melt -query "producers" (on page 1 of this thread)
to give/use
# melt -query "producers"
may also have been a positive contribution.
used this to start:
# python /usr/share/openshot/openshot.py

will play around further.
thank you
Attachments
somename.tar.gz
(89.78 KiB) Downloaded 832 times
Last edited by aarf on Mon 28 Jun 2010, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#32 Post by aarf »

first attempt from novice.
imported 10 minute 45MB mp4 into openshot, cut it in about half, exported it to youtube medium quality waited a long time and then got my new 5 minute 90MB mpeg movie! so my aim of reucing the MB size by cutting the stuff i didnt want at the end of the movie failed, went into pupppeeerc6 and tried to change the new mpeg to mp4 with "FFconvert multimedia converter" also failed due to code problems. any advice gratefully accepted.

aarf

#33 Post by aarf »

export:
mp4>

The following formats/codecs are missing from your system:

libmp3lame

You will not be able to use the selected export profile. You will need to install the missing formats/codecs or choose a different export profile.
flv>

libx264
libmp3lame

You will not be able to use the selected export profile. You will need to install the missing formats/codecs or choose a different export profile.
mp4(Xvid)

libxvid

Attachments
libx264.jpg
(79.54 KiB) Downloaded 2270 times
libmp3lame.jpg
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 2260 times

aarf

#35 Post by aarf »

have downloaded these but haven't begun testing yet google search for them:
libavformat-extra-52_0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu3_i386.deb
libavformat-unstripped-52_0.svn20090303-1ubuntu2+unstripped1_i386.deb
libavformat52_0.5.2-1_i386.deb
libavformat52_0.svn20080206-18+lenny1_i386.deb

specifically want mp4 output if anyone has the inclination to start testing please do.

smil99

#36 Post by smil99 »

Sorry I have been away for a while.

Can you please let me know exactly the steps that you took that led to the failure? For example, were you using the advanced export tab? I want to replicate it here and see if I can help.

Cheers.

aarf

#37 Post by aarf »

smil99 wrote:Sorry I have been away for a while.

Can you please let me know exactly the steps that you took that led to the failure? For example, were you using the advanced export tab? I want to replicate it here and see if I can help.

Cheers.

you're telling me that you can export mp4 format? i can export mpeg and ogg but not those as detailed above. noticed that i have missing dependencies in some packages. talking lupu500 here. give me a while and i'll do the requested details.
Last edited by aarf on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

aarf

#38 Post by aarf »

mp4 fail. havent even looked in the advanced tab. is this enough info?
Attachments
mp4 fail.jpg
(40.07 KiB) Downloaded 2173 times

aarf

#39 Post by aarf »

more
Attachments
mp4libail.jpg
(36.01 KiB) Downloaded 2102 times

aarf

#40 Post by aarf »

attach
Attachments
missing.jpg
(27.66 KiB) Downloaded 2110 times

smil99

#41 Post by smil99 »

Yes, I am able to do all that here. Check the screenshots attached. If you don't mind, I can upload the needed libs so that you can test them. I bet the original ones might have been overwritten by new ones probably from other programs you installed later. I encountered the same situation when I installed gimp (lupu version). libx264 got overwritten and I had to revert back to my original one before openshot could start.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Cheers.
Attachments
testing mp4 export2.png
(110.51 KiB) Downloaded 940 times
testing mp4 export1.png
(145.92 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

aarf

#42 Post by aarf »

strange. initial testing and mp4 fail was done before any other pet installations took place. I'll take a further deeper look now that i know mp4 should happen. i'll search and replace things or redo it. not now though sometime later. thanks for taking a look.

aarf

#43 Post by aarf »

haven't yet had a look at the mp4 issue here, but have had success with transcoder in puppeeerc7 here converted mpeg to flv to mp4.
but it didnt solve the size issue as i was hoping the conversion might do. must need to tweak other thing besides format. still experimenting.

aarf

#44 Post by aarf »

still with the original faulty install i find i am able to export mp4 by choosing mp2 audio codec in the advanced tab.
transcorder installed in lupu500 does some things but not others. ttuxxx says he will do 28kb compatible versions of transcoder if asked. see transcoder thread above.
i have what i need so will not continue testing the problem of variant elusive libmp3lame.
it also seems i should be aiming at ogg and ditching mp4 to be PC.

aarf

#45 Post by aarf »

tell me if this happens for you too.
import mp4, put it in a track, export to ogg theora. fine no problem.
then import the ogg theora to a new workspace put it in a track then export it to ogg theora or even just preview it. does it produce a multicolored pixilated screen that changes i.e, not your original video images at all.

smil99

#46 Post by smil99 »

then import the ogg theora to a new workspace put it in a track then export it to ogg theora or even just preview it. does it produce a multicolored pixilated screen that changes i.e, not your original video images at all.
I did all that but there was no problem playing back, previewing or re-exporting ogg theora files.Obviously, something must be wrong at your end. Nevertheless, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers.

aarf

#47 Post by aarf »

smil99 wrote:
I did all that but there was no problem playing back, previewing or re-exporting ogg theora files.Obviously, something must be wrong at your end. Nevertheless, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers.

thanks smill99. something strange going on. going to look in the openshot forum for ideas and tips.

enhu

#48 Post by enhu »

has anyone made it to work in lucid pup ?

neurino

#49 Post by neurino »

I'm using Wary 030, but guess it's the same in Quirky, and the devx sfs ships python 2.6.4.

Wouldn't be possible to have it compiled for that version of python rather than 2.5.2?

Also an openshot SFS to work along with devx one would be a good thing since the use of a Video editor is not in a dayly basis (nor weekly) for most users.

Tips?

smil99

#50 Post by smil99 »

enhu writes:
has anyone made it to work in lucid pup?
Yes, it works fairly well in Lucid Puppy. You can now download it from Puppy Linux News

This includes all the dependencies so you don't need to add anything from here.

Cheers.