Puppy 4.3 Final -- bug reports and suggestions

Please post any bugs you have found
yorkiesnorkie

4.3 Re-visited, Hayes Optima 336/56K PCMCIA works

#301 Post by yorkiesnorkie »

Hi,

I tried 4.3 again from Barry's main CD release. That CD will boot my IBM 380 XD, 96 mb of ram, 4 gb hd, I created a new ext2 partition, and performed the full install to that partition. I installed Grub to hda2 and to the MBR. The Live CD does not shut down the computer. I have to power off and manually eject it when I manually power on the laptop.

The first time I ran puppy from the full install after setting all the defaults I shut down. Puppy does not shut down properly.
I'll have to try and capture the message, basically it starts the shutdown but does not reach the poweroff stage. I have to use the power button to turn it off. On restarting the computer with the power button I have to type "xwin" at the prompt. Puppy's desktop starts. I next chose the "reboot" option from the menu. That will cycle through the shutdown procedure and return to the grub menu. If I choose to launch Puppy the desktop starts ok without intervention. Now, shutdown works, cycling through the messages but sometimes the PC does not shut off on its own. I can power off at the point the shut down messages complete.

Puppy Linux is working ok.

My RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 RBEM56G-100 pcmcia card is not recognized by the connection wizard. My other pcmcia card modem Hayes Optima 336/56K PCMCIA 4710 4700US 4716US 4715US is found and works just fine.

Yorkiesnorkie