Nils Gilman's lecture on the global illicit economy. Malware is one of Nils Gilman's examples, at about the nine-minute mark.
The seven rules of the illicit global economy (he seems to use "illicit" and "deviant" interchangeably in the talk):
1. Perfectly legitimate forms of demand can produce perfectly deviant forms of supply.
2. Uneven global regulatory structures create arbitrage opportunities for deviant entrepreneurs.
3. Pathways for legitimate globalization are always also pathways for deviant globalization.
4. Once a deviant industry professionalizes, crackdowns merely promote innovation.
5. States themselves undermine the distinction between legitimate and deviant economics.
6. Unchecked, deviant entrepreneurs will overtake the legitimate economy.
7. Deviant globalization presents an existential challenge to state legitimacy.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum