lucid 5.2.8, 'meye' kernel module for sony vaio c1xd wanted

For drivers and kernel modules.
IanJ

lucid 5.2.8, 'meye' kernel module for sony vaio c1xd wanted

#1 Post by IanJ »

I've tried to compile the module myself but when I recompile the modules I get errors and can't load any of them. Maybe had something to do with my using 528.iso but installing *devx_528-4.sfs to compile stuff with seeing as the original devx_528.sfs was no longer available from the repository.

I never had such issues compiling kernel modules on linux before ...

I have since updated my install to lupu-528.004.iso to repair the damage I did by recompiling the kernel modules.

The computer has only 400mhz and 192mb ram so it takes forever to compile anything. I've tried unsuccessfully 3 times taking the best part of 2 days.

If someone would be kind enough to compile this module for me it would be very much appreciated!

merry xmas!

Ian

8-bit

#2 Post by 8-bit »

If you want someone to try to compile a module for you, a good start would be to provide a link to the source code for that module.

I mean if you added an 'r' to the name you gave for it, you would have my last name!

Also, make sure you are using the correct kernel source SFS file for lucid 5.2.8.
I use the "Load SFS on the fly" utility to load the devx and kernel source SFS files when I compile something.
Also, I have found occasions where the compiler complains of the wrong version of the compiler being used to compile the kernel source.

"But that is another story." Line from movie "The NeverEnding Story."

IanJ

#3 Post by IanJ »

I downloaded the correct kernel source from within quickpet. Unfortunately I couldn't do the same for the devx as it was no longer in the repository, maybe there was an issue with it? This meant that I had to manually download lupu_devx_528-4.sfs (which I don't know is compatible with the first release 528 iso).

All I know is that after recompiling the modules myself using the kernel source downloaded from quickpet with the later -4 devx none of them would load. There were error messages but I can't remember exactly what they were.

Maybe this is a known error?

I would have thought that if someone is running 5.2.8 and is familiar with building kernels / modules then they would already have the stuff necessary to build the meye module, that's if it exists within the standard puppy kernel sources (2.6.33.2 if it hasn't been stripped down in some way). I could find no reference to it when I did 'make menuconfig' and I double checked by opening the .config file in vi and searching for 'MEYE'.

I just downloaded the same kernel version from kernel.org repository and extracted the two modules that I think are needed (.c and .h along with .txt files). These are attached to the post.

Hopefully that gives some background on the problem and the necessary files to create the modules.

Regards,

Ian
Attachments
sony.zip
sony-laptop.(c+h+txt) meye.(c+h+txt)
(40.37 KiB) Downloaded 623 times

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »