HDA Intel sound detected, but I can't get no sound

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
vikrang

HDA Intel sound detected, but I can't get no sound

#1 Post by vikrang »

I have a dell VOSTRO 1500 ...Pentium C2D (On Board sound )..ALSA is detecting "HDA Intel"...Using Wizard, I am not able to get sound,, I have been trying different things by reading the forums like editing modprobe.conf by adding model=auto or to dell or specifying IRQ or DMA values and stuff....No results...Can anybody give a clear instruction pl?

plaguedogs

#2 Post by plaguedogs »

i have the same problem. i decided to use one of the older kernels. now it works perfect.

try 2.6.25.16.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... l-puppies/

i built my own with 2.6.29.6.
if anyone knows a better way, let us know.
i posted about this in the bugs section during the beta, but its still the same.

vikrang

HDA

#3 Post by vikrang »

Dear Plaguedogs,

Thanks for your suggestion...But I am still not able to get the sound...Do you use Dell Vostro? In that case, Pl give me a walktrough of the steps involved....This is driving me crazy and frustrated

plaguedogs

#4 Post by plaguedogs »

no im on a dell inspiron 1525.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

vikrang,

Are you certain there's nothing wrong with your hardware, and that you have everything plugged in correctly? I once spent a week trying all kinds of things to figure out why my computer wouldn't make any sound, only to discover I'd plugged the speakers into the microphone jack. :oops:

vikrang

Its Fine with WIN and SLAX

#6 Post by vikrang »

Thanks Flash, But the hardware is perfect...Since it is a laptop, I dont have to connect any external speaker or something

rerwin

#7 Post by rerwin »

vikrang,
Could you post the output from the "lsmod" command and attach the /tmp/udevtrace.log file? I am concerned that anyone has trouble with HDA-Intel, but need to get more info on the circumstances. The lsmod and log data may be helpful. Thanks.
Richard

vikrang

#8 Post by vikrang »

I am extremely sorry for the delayed response as for the last few days or so it was too hectic in office and I didnt have time for anything

I have now installed 4.3 with the latest Kernel and Guess What?? Sound at last!!!

Thanks for your kind offer to help me...Also a big thanks to Tempestuous, LLuamco, flash.