Puppy 4.3.1 -- bug reports and suggestions

Please post any bugs you have found
kalisti

#301 Post by kalisti »

rjbrewer: Grand. Didn't know that. I'll assume that's the case.

Jasper: Yep, it's in menu > Desktop > Psync Time Server Synchroniser

greengeek

#302 Post by greengeek »

Kalisti - I think you have a flat (dead) battery on the motherboard of your computer. (even though it is not a laptop it still has a battery that supplies power to the system clock.

Try to find out what motherboard you have and we can help you locate the battery. Usually the battery looks like a silver coin, but sometimes it is a black rectangular box that looks like an integrated circuit chip.

Also, the other issues you mentioned sound like maybe your CD burning may have created an error in the code on the CD? Possibly try reburning puppy 4.3.1 to a new CD (choose the slowest burn speed) and see if you still have the same issues.

greengeek

#303 Post by greengeek »

Actually, now that I look at your posts again Kalisti, I think your RTC battery is probably good, but the circuit that the battery supplies power to is not continuing to count up after the power is turned off.

If it shows 5.30 when you turn the PC off, and 5.31 when you turn it back on, then it has remembered the actual time (so battery must be good enough to remember the turn off time) but has not incremented the time any further (so the clock counting circuit must be bad).

Never actually seen something like that before...but I would consider swapping out the motherboard unless you are convinced that this problem only occurs with Puppy, and not any other operating system too.