Hal Driver for Matrox G450

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
Sunny

Hal Driver for Matrox G450

#1 Post by Sunny »

I'm using a Matrox G450 card in my machine with Puppy 4.1 (2.6.25.16). I was able to get hardware acceleration using the mga driver after installing the official pet package xorg_xorg_full_dri-7.3

I would like to get dual-head capability (Clone to TV-Out on the second head), but have not yet been successful. After researching this, I think I also need this driver: mga_hal_drv.so

Does anyone know where I can get this matrox driver (compiled for this version of xorg 1.3.0)?

Note that I have tried the unofficial Matrox drivers at tuxx-home.at, but I didn't have much luck with those. I didn't have any luck with the official Matrox drivers either ... couldn't get them to compile with this kernel.

gposil

#2 Post by gposil »

Try these, from my 4.1.2(2.6.25.16) install.

mga_hal_drv.o and mga_hal_drv.so

Hope that works....
[img]http://gposil.netne.net/images/tlp80.gif[/img] [url=http://www.dpup.org][b]Dpup Home[/b][/url]

Sunny

#3 Post by Sunny »

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, the Hal Driver you provided did not work ... it appears to be the same one I got at tuxx-home.at

I get the following error in Xorg.0.log when I try to use your driver:

mga_hal_drv Release v4.4.0
compiled for 7.0.0 module version=1.0.0
ABI class: X.org video driver version 0.8
(EE) module ABI major revision (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)

Had this been compiled for 7.1.3 ... then it would have worked. If I try to use the IgnoreABI server flag, then puppy reverts back to the vesa driver. Note that the following information is provided for my mga_drv driver:

mga_drv
compiled for 1.3.0 module version=1.4.
ABI class: X.org video Driver version 1.2

So my basic problem remains ... I need the mga_hal_drv.so driver that will work with Puppy 4.1 (2.6.25.16) and the official pet package xorg_xorg_full_dri-7.3 (I think the hal driver should have been included in this pet package).