FlSynclient - Advanced Touchpad Configuration Gui

Core libraries and systems
jemimah

#16 Post by jemimah »

More people will see if if you post on the Beginners or Users forum. Have you tried Quirky? It has both a newer kernel and a newer Xorg. Is the 1100 really old? If so, maybe the you'd have better luck with Tuxxx's 214X, which has an older Xorg and an older kernel.

kevin-dell1100

#17 Post by kevin-dell1100 »

ha, so it was a simple matter of downloading and installing the Xorg_full_dri-7.3 package and then restarting X. Xorg is working fine now after I chose the 1024x768, but not 24 and instead the lower value (was it 16?). Anyway, I also downloaded your program and I've got two-finger scrolling working! Excellent! Thanks for the program.

Now I'm just looking for a way to make my desktop not look so cartoonie...

daftdog

#18 Post by daftdog »

Thanx for this jemimah. Couldn't get it to work using ttuuxx's 4311/w firefox but having reverted to standard 431 is now working.
"We are monkeys with money and guns." Tom Waits

jemimah

#19 Post by jemimah »

Good Job Kevin! That's the first time I've heard of that solution.

Daftdog, I wonder if Tuxx updated the Synaptics driver on his puplet. If he did, he might be able to provide the correct version of the Synclient.

daftdog

#20 Post by daftdog »

jemimah wrote:
Daftdog, I wonder if Tuxx updated the Synaptics driver on his puplet.
It seems to be an earlier version than the one on 431! Going by dates anyway. ttuuxx built this puplet on 430 I think.
No problem; I'm switching back to the standard 431 anyhow.

DaveS

#21 Post by DaveS »

Jemima, question please: you mentioned editing the Xorg wizard script earlier in this post. Where will I find that script please?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

jemimah

#22 Post by jemimah »

The xorgwizard is in /usr/sbin/xorgwizard.

DaveS

#23 Post by DaveS »

Thanks jemimah.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

daftdog

#24 Post by daftdog »

Tried this with Lucid 500. Had to run xorgwizard to create an xorg.conf file and then it worked fine.

Ibidem

Flsynclient-Source, please?

#25 Post by Ibidem »

Jemimah,
There are a couple minor changes in flsynclient 0.7:

Code: Select all

v0.7 - tested with synclient 0.14.6, fixed a bug with fd close, fixed a makefile bug
If you could post the source for your patched version or the patches , I'll give a try at updating it to 0.7. (If I build, though, it will be on Lucid Lynx; compatible with Lucid Puppy 5.00.)

Other than that, I'm happy to be able to fix the Synaptics settings.

Ibidem

jemimah

#26 Post by jemimah »

You can get the source here: http://puppeee.com/files/sources/flSync ... hes.tar.gz

You may already know this - Fltk comes with a graphical tool called Fluid you can use to edit the GUI.

If you link fltk statically (which is usually the default for fltk) the binary should work pretty much everywhere.

It'd be nice if the GUI fits on 7inch netbooks so it shouldn't be taller than about 460 pixels.

Ibidem

Update on flSynclient 0.7

#27 Post by Ibidem »

jemimah wrote:You can get the source here: http://puppeee.com/files/sources/flSync ... hes.tar.gz

You may already know this - Fltk comes with a graphical tool called Fluid you can use to edit the GUI.

If you link fltk statically (which is usually the default for fltk) the binary should work pretty much everywhere.

It'd be nice if the GUI fits on 7inch netbooks so it shouldn't be taller than about 460 pixels.
Thank you.
Right now I've merged the changes (over 50 differences, of which about 10 applied smoothly or matched the upstream changes), gotten it working in Fluid (I accidentally inserted a } right in the middle of UImain.fl at first; that caused no end of trouble), and made it compile.
Of course, compile isn't the only thing--right now it segfaults if I attempt to start it. I guess I jumped in over my head, as I've only played around with Turbo C previously :oops: .
If anyone dares touch my mess, I'll attach it.

Ibidem
Attachments
flSynclient-ibid-patch.tar.gz
(27.79 KiB) Downloaded 920 times

jemimah

#28 Post by jemimah »

I built .7 on Puppeee but I don't see any major functional improvements, just an additional tab in the GUI. I still don't see any compelling reason to try to merge.

I've attached the .7 source with my fixed makefile so it should build and run. It might be easier to add in the other widgets by hand than to try it will diff. Adding the new code wasn't especially complex.
Attachments
flSynclient0.7.tar.gz
(136.1 KiB) Downloaded 914 times

DaveS

#29 Post by DaveS »

FIXED. I downloaded the two pets from the first page, 4.3.1 frugal, but cant find a menu entry for it. How do I run it please? Faulty install, now corrected
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

shinobar

synclient-wrapper

#30 Post by shinobar »

On the Lupu-5.1x, the Synaptics touchpad works from the first desktop, but the flsynclient fails.
I made a wrapper script which can be a solution.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 034#447034
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

shinobar

Alps touchpad supprt with xorgwizard

#31 Post by shinobar »

jemimah,
I found the xorgwizard does not set the SHMConfig on for the Alps touchpads.
See my post:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 087#468087
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

jemimah

#32 Post by jemimah »

Thanks. I'll fix it for Fluppy.

1050rat

#33 Post by 1050rat »

jemimah,

Many thanks for this !

Just installed on my new 5.2.5 hd install - files from the first post - and it works a treat ! PC is an Acer Aspire One ZG5 with an 8GB SSD.

Now see if you could get the webcam working with Skype then I would be seriously impressed ;-)

Regards,

1050rat

sindi

how to turn touchpad on without a mouse

#34 Post by sindi »

Flsynclient works in Lucid Puppy (5.2.5, 5.2.8.7) but turning the touchpad on or off requires a mouse.
So if I turn it off, I can't turn it on again by tabbing to the ON/OFF switch.

When I am forced to use a graphical browser (for some forums, and starting in July to use fastmail) the touchpad
senses my thumbs an inch or so away and interprets this so as to move the cursor some place unexpected and to
suddenly insert or delete large blocks of text. I have wasted lots of time repairing and retyping.

Forced with the need to make fastmail usable (since my two BSD shell accounts are currently on the Barracuda
and/or Yahoo blacklists - the latter including SBC, ebay, frontier.com and rocketmail) I researched and found
that synclient can be used (in X) from a urxvt.

I made scripts

off

synclient TouchpadOff=1

on

synclient TouchpadOff=0

I added urxvt to the top of the jwm menu.
I may also add 'off' and 'on' to the menu.

Fastmail works with Opera 12.16 despite their requiring 12.17. Also with recent Seamonkey, Midori and probably Pale Moon
(which won't work on my Pentium III yet). They are the only mail provider I could find that works (but soon will not) with
lynx, links, elinks, w3m. SSL required. r to reply. Ctrl-S to send.