Xorg driver update for various cards

For drivers and kernel modules.
PenguinPupLin

#31 Post by PenguinPupLin »

Can I install all theses drivers for Puppy 431(Brunopuppy actually), Wary511, Wary 522, Lighthouse 5.0.3, 214X-TOP9 and Slacko 5.3 as I'm using an external LCD monitor in place of my faulty notebook screen? So far even older puppies such as 431,214X-TOP9 and Legacy OS2 cannot get xorg drivers to work despite my Acer travelmate TM630 notebook having the NV11 Geforce 2 Go chipset shared memory 16MB, which xorg probing showed is a supported NVidia cards under "nv". Using Xvesa seems to make my puppies run less stably and I couldn't run Flsynclient to configure my touchpad tapping problem in Lighthouse puppy for example. My external monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 931C,capable of much higher resoulutions and frequencies than my notebook screen. At the moment,I'm running xvesa in 1024x768x16 mode. Really hope there is a solution for me. Many thanks in advance.

James186282

#32 Post by James186282 »

I picked up a T60 (IBM) laptop with a ATI X1400. I just switched to Lucid 5.2.8 and have tried the ATI_fglrx-10.10-Lucid *With Puppy Package Manager. It reports that it can't find a supported card.

I've been searching around and around for fix. Do I go back to an earlier fglrx version and try to compile that or? Is there some "fix" for this version that I have? Thanks to all those willing to answer my noob questions.

Nooestion?

or

Quob
Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer.
Art is everything else we do.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]

James186282

#33 Post by James186282 »

I unconfused myself. The ATI drivers are not being supported and they don't give source or hardware docs??? That (to me) is crazy. Don't you WANT a world of programmers to come up with new tricks and make your hardware look good? We live in really odd times.

Anywho I fumbled around enought to get the Radeon driver going with X.org well enough to run glxgears.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]

greengeek

#34 Post by greengeek »

James186282 wrote:Anywho I fumbled around enought to get the Radeon driver going with X.org well enough to run glxgears.
Hi James, any chance of listing your xorg.conf file, or some tips about what you tried to get the glxgears going? (I'm trying to grasp this "accelerated graphics" thing and trying to patch together anything that works for others) Thx.

James186282

#35 Post by James186282 »

Sorry I never responded to that message. The company I worked at had a corporate meltdown and my Laptop got snatched so I didn't know how I did it. *Which seems to be a common situation.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]