Go-OO 3.2 sfs

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Dingo

Go-OO 3.2 sfs

#1 Post by Dingo »

Go-OO 3.2 sfs3 for Puppy 3.01-4.2.xx with 2.6.21.7-2.6.25.16 kernel (and Puppy 4.3.xx with retro kernel)
- download
- md5sum 64bba92d01b514c59b26687abce915c4 go-oo-3.2-sfs3.sfs

==
Go-OO 3.2 sfs4 for Puppy 4.3.xx with 2.6.30.5 kernel)
- download
- md5sum f959f551373e5355dc956aee9ad119d8 go-oo-3.2-sfs4.sfs

I added:

- En_Us dictionary

see also my dokupuppy page: http://puppylover.netsons.org/dokupuppy ... uite:go-oo

Go-oo has built in OpenXML import filters and it will import your Microsoft Works files. Compared with up-stream OO.o, it has better Microsoft binary file support (with eg. fields support), and it will import WordPerfect graphics beautifully. If you are reliant on Excel VBA macros - then Go-oo offers the best macro fidelity too. If you expect your spreadsheets to calculate compatibly, or you get embedded Visio diagrams in your documents, you'll want Go-oo.
Last edited by Dingo on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 19:23, edited 3 times in total.
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

shankargopal

#2 Post by shankargopal »

Hi

Trying to use this sfs in dpup 484 beta 4. Every document I try to open (all Word docs) I get this error:

'General Error:
General input/output error."

What does this mean? Any idea? the OO forums are full of this error, with no clear explanation as to what this means except that one should delete the configuration folder from one's home directory. But there is no folder in my home directory as this is the first time I have tried to use go-oo on a fresh pupsave...

shankargopal

#3 Post by shankargopal »

This seems to happen when opening Word documents. With openoffice .odt files, I get "General error" in a box and then the document opens. With .xls Excel files, I get the same "general input/output error" again.

I had used openoffice earlier with no problems...

Dingo

#4 Post by Dingo »

directory for userdata has changed from latest openoffice version

now it is created in

/.config/

(show hidden files to view)

you can go into .config dir and you will see the openoffice.org3 userdata folder
dropbox 2GB free

shankargopal

#5 Post by shankargopal »

Found it and deleted it. Restarted Go-OO. Still no luck...

Dingo

#6 Post by Dingo »

very strange, I opened word and odt files without problems, can you attach a sample file (only dummy text, like loremipsum ecc...) in order to allow other users to report their experience?
dropbox 2GB free

shankargopal

#7 Post by shankargopal »

Thanks Dingo for the help. Here's a zip file containing a sample doc and a sample odt. Both created using the normal OpenOffice 3.2 sfs file for dpup that someone has made (available at ver 5 sfs files in ibiblio), which seems to work ok. Same errors produced in Go-OO.
Attachments
test.zip
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 922 times

jpeps

#8 Post by jpeps »

I had a similar problem importing documents with go-00432-431.sfs, so I switched back to openoffice3.2-sfs4_431.sfs.

Dingo

#9 Post by Dingo »

Tried but... No way! same error you reported. Something is wrong or in sources or in python script, Use Go-oo 3.1.1 until solution will be found
dropbox 2GB free

shankargopal

#10 Post by shankargopal »

Thanks Dingo. May just stick to OO 3.2 for now... is Go-OO really much better?

Dingo

#11 Post by Dingo »

Go-OO team has fixed the bug causing "GENERAL IMPORT ERROR"

I re-built sfs packages and re-uploaded (see first post for download)

now Go-Oo is fully working
dropbox 2GB free

jpeps

#12 Post by jpeps »

196.8M !!

Roy

#13 Post by Roy »

Just a couple of comments here, and maybe a question or two:

I downloaded Go-OO 3.2 sfs4 (for Puppy 4.3.xx with 2.6.30.5 kernel) this past week and it works well. There are no menu entries and, while the ROX pinboard/desktop icons look okay in Lighthousepup 443f (final), they look terrible in Puppy 4.31 (official) -- kinda' like they are 16x16.png's trying to display as 48x48.png's. Tried editing my downloaded sfs in Lighthouse to add the OpenOffice desktop icons from Barry's OO3.1.1 compilation, but was unsuccessful -- ended up just adding OpenOffice3.1.1 icons to a 'My Documents' folder and setting them via ROX's set icon function. It is a small matter since the program does work (and even has .docx capability)!

Does this sfs have Java included and -- if it does not -- where/how can I add it?

Which functions in Open Office even require Java to run?

All in all, this is a great program that I am thankful you took the time to Puppify (is that even a word?)!

-Roy

Gopher

#14 Post by Gopher »

Hi. Sorry, I'm dumb, but how do I start the program once it's downloaded and mounted? There doesn't seem to be a menu option, and none of the commands I tried did anything.

abushcrafter

#15 Post by abushcrafter »

Roy wrote:Just a couple of comments here, and maybe a question or two:

I downloaded Go-OO 3.2 sfs4 (for Puppy 4.3.xx with 2.6.30.5 kernel) this past week and it works well. There are no menu entries and, while the ROX pinboard/desktop icons look okay in Lighthousepup 443f (final), they look terrible in Puppy 4.31 (official) -- kinda' like they are 16x16.png's trying to display as 48x48.png's. Tried editing my downloaded sfs in Lighthouse to add the OpenOffice desktop icons from Barry's OO3.1.1 compilation, but was unsuccessful -- ended up just adding OpenOffice3.1.1 icons to a 'My Documents' folder and setting them via ROX's set icon function. It is a small matter since the program does work (and even has .docx capability)!

Does this sfs have Java included and -- if it does not -- where/how can I add it?

Which functions in Open Office even require Java to run?

All in all, this is a great program that I am thankful you took the time to Puppify (is that even a word?)!

-Roy
Search the forums and you will find the latest current java in a pet!

shankargopal

#16 Post by shankargopal »

Gopher wrote:Hi. Sorry, I'm dumb, but how do I start the program once it's downloaded and mounted? There doesn't seem to be a menu option, and none of the commands I tried did anything.
It's not a dumb question, it's one of the things Puppy does a little differently from other distros. This distro has many different package installation options. Anyway, see this http://www.puppylinux.com/development/p ... gement.htm and look under "SFS modules" to see how to install this one.

Gopher

#17 Post by Gopher »

shankargopal wrote:
Gopher wrote:Hi. Sorry, I'm dumb, but how do I start the program once it's downloaded and mounted? There doesn't seem to be a menu option, and none of the commands I tried did anything.
It's not a dumb question, it's one of the things Puppy does a little differently from other distros. This distro has many different package installation options. Anyway, see this http://www.puppylinux.com/development/p ... gement.htm and look under "SFS modules" to see how to install this one.
Thanks for the response.

I have used SFS files before, and I'm pretty sure this one should be installed. I'm using 4.0, and I downloaded from the first link in the original post. I renamed it with the '_400.sfs' suffix so it would automatically be loaded with the other two sfs files, which work ok.

My question is how do I run the program now? As I said, I don't see any new entries on the menu.

esmourguit

#18 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à tous,
I would like to say that i can't read a .pps file in a slideshow (key F5).
Cordialement ;)
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

WimDC

GO-OO

#19 Post by WimDC »

I could install GO-OO and can start Writer/Calc/Impress but in Impress, the "3D transitions" (http://go-oo.org/discover/) won't work.

(I have no problem with the "normal" transitions; those work fine)

What do I forget ?
Or does this not work in Puppy Linux ?

shankargopal

#20 Post by shankargopal »

Gopher wrote:
shankargopal wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I have used SFS files before, and I'm pretty sure this one should be installed. I'm using 4.0, and I downloaded from the first link in the original post. I renamed it with the '_400.sfs' suffix so it would automatically be loaded with the other two sfs files, which work ok.

My question is how do I run the program now? As I said, I don't see any new entries on the menu.
Try typing this at the command line:

Code: Select all

openoffice.org3 -writer
If it doesn't work the SFS hasn't loaded. You may want to use bootmanager, uncheck the "Load all files with 400" box at the bottom, and manually specify the ones to be loaded.