JWM Question

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
Orbis

JWM Question

#1 Post by Orbis »

Hey lads!

I've been fiddling around with Puppy Linux 4.3.2 on my Compaq Armada 1700. It had Windows installed NT on it, wich was extremely slow. Puppy gave it new life, sort of. And Puppy gave me a new hobby!

I have been fiddling around with customizing JWM. Start button, menu layout etc. just the whole lot. There is just one problem: as soon as I click 'Apply current GTK theme to JWM' in the JWM configuration menu, my whole .jwmrc-tray content gets wiped out. The file is still there, but when I open it with Geany it's just empty.

Also sometimes when I am customizing the menu in .jwmrc, it gives a popup message which says that the .jwmrc file on the disk is newer than the one I am editing. How is this possible? Is there some hidden setting that resets .jwmrc (and in the previous example .jwmrc-tray)?

I am not at home now, so I can't describe what happens exactly, but it's irritating because I had spent some time editing everything when in the end the old stuff gets restored.

Thanks in advance!

And a hearty hello!

Orbis

bugman

#2 Post by bugman »

don't use 'apply current gtk theme to jwm'

jwm has its own themes, use 'choose a jwm theme' instead

[not sure if this fixes the problem but it seems like a good place to start]

`f00

#3 Post by `f00 »

Apply gtk to jwm was always a not-so-good (read b*stard) method. Btw, it says at the top of /root/.jwmrc to only edit /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc for more viable changes (surprising how many ignore that and are surprised when fixmenus reverts it). Cool that you like to fuss with jwm, but it's got its ways...

Menu customization in jwm on a normal pup (stardust is a bit different :) ) follows xdg pretty much (not sure about p432 as other pans on burners, atm). see also /etc/xdg/menus (I think) and /usr/share/desktop-directories for more menu-ing stuff

oya, Welcome to the plmf :D