Seamonkey-2.0 Final

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
jemimah

#16 Post by jemimah »

Further testing shows the culprit is definitely adblock. I guess ads are worse than slow startup, but not by a lot. :(

jakfish

#17 Post by jakfish »

I'm using adblock, and I still don't have that lag in startup.

Jake

jemimah

#18 Post by jemimah »

Here are my timing results with various addons enabled.

No addons: 3 seconds
Adblock: 6 seconds
Adblock,chatzilla,Dom inspector,Javascript debugger: between 7 and 15 seconds.

I guess I'll try it on a fresh install and see if I get the same results.

maddog

Need to add that 2.0 is for Puppy 43+

#19 Post by maddog »

The owner of this page (http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SeaMonkey) should add that the Seamonkey pet is for Puppy 43+. I tried to install it on 421 and completely broke the installed Seamonkey because of missing libraries.

--Ray.

Rupp

#20 Post by Rupp »

n/t
Last edited by Rupp on Mon 05 Apr 2010, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

01micko

Re: Need to add that 2.0 is for Puppy 43+

#21 Post by 01micko »

maddog wrote:The owner of this page (http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SeaMonkey) should add that the Seamonkey pet is for Puppy 43+. I tried to install it on 421 and completely broke the installed Seamonkey because of missing libraries.

--Ray.
I tested this pet on 421 on a p3 600 256MiB ram with no problem, co-existing with Firefox-3.5.4. It should not touch the installed seamonkey because that is installed to a version specific folder. Did you do anything else? More info is needed. I gather you want your old Seamonkey fixed?

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

esmourguit

#22 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à tous,

How to get larger fonts in the toolbar?

Cordialement ;)
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

trapster

#23 Post by trapster »

See Here for menu fonts.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

esmourguit

#24 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à tous,

Thank you very much Trapster.
Done as i wanted, and it's OK.

Cordialement ;)
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

jakfish

#25 Post by jakfish »

Seconded, Trapster (and to Leon, too)--many thanks. I had no idea that option was available for Seamonkey.

Jake

Max Headroom

Please Help w/ These SM 2.0 Missing Dependencies!

#26 Post by Max Headroom »

Please Help w/ These SM 2.0 Missing Dependencies! Also I've got a Problem installing SeaMonkey 2.0 Pet w/ Missing Dependencies, ( as seen in attached ScreenShots ), As a Consequence of FireFox 3.15 being Soo Sllooowww,... being Updated from 3.03 Pet ( But having the Handy XMarks ( Formerly FoxMarks, ie. BookMark Synchronization ) Altho Nun of the Constant Crashing that Plagued it Previously ( Probably because of Missing Dependencies that I couldn't fix ironically Similar 2 this Mozilla SM 2.0 issue as well ), when I Switched Her to SeaMunky 1.18 that Me Wife was initially Resistant to, but she got used to, & then liked the relative Speed, altho alas No XMarks, altho I believe it's Possible 2 Hack ( Both being Mozilla Browsers & Sharing sum Common Code, but I've Just been Tooo Busy Myself 2 Tackle this Hacking Business ) Now She wants the SeaMunkey back! ). Which is where I am Now w/ these Dependency Dramas, is there a Pet 4 these Dependencies? ). Or Better still a Complete SeaMunky 2.0 SFS Package 4 the 2.6.30.5 Ke*nel ( Preferably Hopefully w/ X-Marks Add on eNabled ) Nb this Pertains to grays Puplet NOP 4.3.1 & I've Asked Over @ that Thread But Alas Not had any AckNowledgement on this issue yet 3 days latter :(
And I can Do w/out the Nagging " The Computer's Too Sloowww ", ( 3.2 GHz Pentium 4, 1 Gb RAMemory ) or " The interNet is Too Sloowww ", ( On BroadBand )
Please Help !!! :(
Attachments
SeaMunkey 2.0 Missing Dependencies NOP 4.3.1 Pt. 2 Screenshot.png
(132.23 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
SeaMunkey 2.0 Missing Dependencies NOP 4.3.1 Pt.1 Screenshot.png
(120.82 KiB) Downloaded 534 times

technosaurus

#27 Post by technosaurus »

they are probably not "really" missing - just not in your LIB_PATH - they are probably in your /usr/lib/seamonkeyXXX directory

what is your actual problem?

steps to help figure it out:
try running seamonkey from the command line - What does it say?
go to the seamonkey directory and run ldd seamonkey-bin (check the "missing" libs against those in your seamonkey directory)
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Max Headroom

#28 Post by Max Headroom »

Thanx 4 Replying Promptly technosaurus, seems as U suggested it Runs calling it from the CommandLine w/Out Any Error Messages, But Yet there's No Menu eNtry? Needn't I be Concerned w/ the Puppy Dependency Checker Results ( Will these Cause it 2 be UnStable ? ) ? Also I Discovered the Old Original Seamonkey 1.1.18 in the given path /usr/lib/seamonkey, is it OK 2 Delete this since it's Not removable from the Puppy Package Manager or might I Break sumthing that Depends on it? I'm Still Working on Understanding this last bit... " go to the seamonkey directory and run ldd seamonkey-bin (check the "missing" libs against those in your seamonkey directory) " Thanx Again 4 Y'r Help :)

gary_m

#29 Post by gary_m »

So I installed the package in Puppy 4.20 - it's there where it should be.
Like someone else, I got a bunch of errors about dependencies not being there.

Also, how do I start it. It's not in the menu, I have no clue how to start it from the command line.

Yup, a Linux noob here. I'd be using it more if installing a program would be easier....

Rupp

#30 Post by Rupp »

n/t
Last edited by Rupp on Mon 05 Apr 2010, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

stifiling

search bar

#31 Post by stifiling »

no way to get a search bar in seamonkey 2.0 huh? like how opera and firefox has one integrated off to the side of the address bar...

DaveS

Re: search bar

#32 Post by DaveS »

stifiling wrote:no way to get a search bar in seamonkey 2.0 huh? like how opera and firefox has one integrated off to the side of the address bar...
Just type your search criteria into the normal Seamonkey 2 address bar and hit 'enter'. Provided you have set up a default search engine (Google by default I think), Seamonkey will return a list of results
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

gary_m

#33 Post by gary_m »

Rupp wrote:
gary_m wrote:Also, how do I start it. It's not in the menu, I have no clue how to start it from the command line.

Yup, a Linux noob here. I'd be using it more if installing a program would be easier....
open the terminal or the thing that looks like a TV :P and type this:

"seamonkey" without the quotes
Thanks but no.. That starts the old version (1.1.15)

vovchik

#34 Post by vovchik »

Dear Puppians,

It is possible to get a Firefox-like search bar into Seamonkey2 (using the pet in question). I installed MonkeyMenu (an extension) and it does provide the expected search bar. I did this with some fiddling, however, and I can't remember exactly what I did. I probably unpacked the monkeymenu.xpi (it is a zip, after all), modified the RDF file to include seamonkey, repacked and installed it locally using "Mr. Tech's Toolkitl" (copied over from Firefox with changed RDF). Or something equally not-straightforward. I will try to reconstruct my actions and report back. Here is the monkeymenu xpi (archived).

With kind regards,
vovchik
Attachments
monkeymenu-xpi.tar.gz
(75.69 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#35 Post by Lobster »

I did this with some fiddling
Monkeymenu was an excellent addition to Puppy 4.2.1
Sadly it is not directly available for SeaMonkey 2
and your fiddling would be of interest to at least one Puppy (me)

Thanks Vovchik
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D