Small webbrowser Kazehakase 0.5.4

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
amigo

#16 Post by amigo »

Firefox can *only* use the gecko rendering engine -that's the name of the mozilla/seamonkey html renderer. Kazehakaze and some other browsers have been written in such a way that they can use gecko *or some other* engine. firefox is not written that way and I don't expect that they would change that.

Anniekin

get this to tech support

#17 Post by Anniekin »

how to delete posts?
Last edited by Anniekin on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

Anniekin

#18 Post by Anniekin »

I like KazeH when I want to surf the web but am under resource intensive conditions.

abben

#19 Post by abben »

Hey, I got some dependency errors with this pet on Puppy 4.0. And they might be related to strange behavior I'm experienceing

At first Kazehakase was working fine (more than fine, it's the best, lightest damned browser you can get that supports javascript), but soon it started crashing right on launch due to segfaults (the first program that has behaved this way on my laptop). Then it would not successfully reinstall. Bizarre.

Anyway, this is the dependency error I'm seeing:

HOWEVER, these dependencies are missing:
File /usr/lib/kazehakase/libxcb-xlib.so.0.0.0 has these missing library files:
libxcb.so.1
File /usr/lib/kazehakase/libgnutils.so.26.1.3 has these missing library files:
libtasn1.so.3 libgcrypt.so.11 libgpg-error.so.0
File /usr/lib/kazehakase/libgcrypt.so.11.2.3 has these missing library files: libgpg-error.so.0
File /usr/lib/kazehakase/libkazehakase.so.0.1.0 has these missing library files:
libgnutls.so.26 libgcrypt.so.11 libgpg-error.so.0 libxcb-xlib.so.0 libxcb.so.1

marquitico

Re: Small webbrowser Kazehakase 0.5.4

#20 Post by marquitico »

puppymartin wrote:A small, easy and fast webbrowser: Kazehakase.
I used a Slackware version and added some libs.

Tested with Puppy 4.3.1. This browser should work on any Puppy with Seamonkey.
Alas, not successful on Quirky Puppy series, although works perfectly on 4.3.1, as you said. Was this hard to do? Would love instructions to try to reproduce this myself.

Mc29mURDes75

#21 Post by Mc29mURDes75 »

Actually, I am using that browser long before this topic has made. I agree that it is fst and quick but it has some flaws. Still, though there has some errors it is still good in browsing the net.

semsaudade

No luck on install Kazehakase

#22 Post by semsaudade »

I tried to install Kazehakase web browser using your pet package on my Puppy, but no luck! Trying executing Kazehakase from Menu/Internet doesn't produce any result. Running program from terminal get message:
symbol look up error; /usr/lib/libX11.so.6: undefine symbol: xcb_take_socket

Can you help me? Thank you very much!