Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 16:18
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Audio
Puppy 4.3.1 does not support the Creative Labs X-Fi
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
tekhedd

PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov 2009, 18:36    Post_subject:  Puppy 4.3.1 does not support the Creative Labs X-Fi  

After considerable searching, I realized that puppy 4.3.1 comes with linux kernel 2.6.30, which includes alsa 1.0.20 (?) which does not have support for the creative labs sound blaster x-fi audio card (EMU20K1 chip) (via module snd-ctx).

I am posting this so that the next person who has this problem will know, and not have to learn all these things separately like I did. (You're welcome!)

4.4 may contain kernel 2.6.31, which more or less comes with alsa 1.0.21(a?), which has a version of the ctx driver.

It probably would be worth building my own puppy just to work around this problem (building my own puppy? Sounds diabolical!), but buying a cheap sound card is almost certainly more practical. Any suggestions welcome, naturally.

Peace
BenHenry

PostPosted: Thu 04 Mar 2010, 15:05    Post_subject: Re: Puppy 4.3.1 does not support the Creative Labs X-Fi  

tekhedd wrote:

I am posting this so that the next person who has this problem will know, and not have to learn all these things separately like I did. (You're welcome!)
Peace

Thank you! You saved me hours of learning. Smile
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Audio
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot